Old 05-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #6991
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Hi Magdalen. You might get more response if you start a new thread in the Pattern Central forum. I don't have an answer for you, though if you can write a few lines where you're stuck that may help.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #6992
knittingknewb
Casting On

Hello :)
Hello! I've been using the site for some time, and it's been very helpful!

I decided to register today because I needed some more help, and thought it couldn't hurt to come in and maybe make some new friends.

Always wanted to knit, due to my mother being a knitter, but she never got the chance to teach me how to do so! I'm learning myself with the help of this site and my local JoAnn's.

Thank you for your very helpful and clear, concise directions on just about every question I've ever had!

Laura
knittingknewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #6993
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,424 Times in 3,103 Posts
Hi Laurel, Welcome to KnittingHelp. Glad you've been able to use the site and find answers to your questions!
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #6994
kia123
Casting On

Hello
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a retired RN from RI. I have 2 grown sons and 3 grandchildren all living close by. I have knitted off and on for years, starting at my mother's knee. Haven't knitted socks for years but started last month on dpn's. I also experimented with magic loop socks and now know that's the way to go for me.
Thank you for having this forum and being able to keep in touch with other knitters.
kia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #6995
Kanaye
Casting On

Hey everyone. I'm Kanaye (Kuh-nay). I'm first and foremost a crocheter. I've been knitting for about a year now.

I'm almost finished with my first knitted sweater, an Elizabeth Zimmerman. I'm so excited, even though it has been such a pain. 3 months and I'm still working on it.

I just found this site and wonder why I didn't find it sooner. It would have been very helpful a year ago.

I divide all readers into two classes: those who read to remember and those who read to forget.
~William Lyon Phelps
Kanaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #6996
schanaha
Casting On

a realy great side, i love it
schanaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #6997
thinkativeone
Casting On

New Here
Hi. =) I just started knitting and learning last November. I look forward to learning new techniques and asking questions about various things here! I'm really enjoying knitting. There is something so soothing and simultaneously triumphant about turning a piece of string into a substantial piece.
thinkativeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #6998
Rockmelon
Casting On

New to knitting!
New to Knitting!
Seven years after retirement and I was booored! So in November 2011, I picked up a pair of knitting needles and began knitting squares which consisted of 'knit, rip apart', again and again! Being a perfectionist, I was determined to be able to knit without obvious errors and I'm quite near that point. Or I should say that I am now able to recognize errors much more quickly and am able to 'save' the project.

In February 2012, my grandson begged me to make him a hat. (Up to this point I had not actually 'made' anything). But I knitted a square, sewed up the back, made a pom pom and I finally had a hat!

Since then, I've probably knitted 25 hats and my progress has been amazing. No fancy stitches....but I have fun with stripes. My knitting supplies consist of lots of circular needles and bulky yarn which I prefer over that skinny little yarn I call string.

So I just wanted to say "Hello" to those reading this forum and I would be happy to hear from you and how you got into this obsession!

Have a GREAT DAY!
Rockmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:28 AM   #6999
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,424 Times in 3,103 Posts
Welcome all, new knitters and returning knitters! Glad you found KH and looking forward to seeing your finished projects.
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #7000
MizuNeko
Casting On

Hello, new knitter here
Hello my name is Anita and I'm glad I found this site by way of You Tube, anyway I hope to learn a lot and improve on my knitting as well as make some friends. Take care