Old 11-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #7331
Caters
Ribbing the Cuff

I am a knitter who has been mostly self taught and has knitted for a year or so. I am knitting a blanket for myself that has these cables.
Caters is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #7332
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,506 Times in 3,180 Posts
Hi Caters and welcome! I know you've already posted in the forum and we're happy to have your questions. Hope the blanket is coming along well.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #7333
Caters
Ribbing the Cuff

The blanket is coming along well. In fact I am on row 40 of 98 of my cathedral cable block. I am going to knit other cables besides it. I fact each block of the blanket will be a different cable and have a different color.
Caters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #7334
bridge1892
Casting On

Hey everyone. I just registered today. I use to knit and crochet daily, but then I dropped the habit and now I forget a lot of what I learned. I came here hoping to "jog my memory" and pick up some new skills through these great resources. c:
bridge1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #7335
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,264 Times in 2,756 Posts
Welcome, bridge! If you want encouragement in your yarn habits, you've certainly come to the right place! What'cha knittin'?

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #7336
Caz
Casting On

Hello, I thought I'd sign up and introduce myself. I'm not sure how much I will use these forums because there are so many great tutorials on youtube and elsewhere to help with any problems, but it can't hurt to have an account here in case I run into any trouble

I've been knitting on and off for about 25 years, but I'm still pretty much a novice. I love knitting, but a big problem for me is my knitting speed and the lack of free time I have. I'm currently working on my PhD, and I have other hobbies that take up time. Regardless, I would like to spend a little bit of time knitting again and build up my skill level, and would also like to learn how to crochet.

I was going through my knitting bag recently and found the last thing I knitted. It is a little cardigan for a baby that I knitted while my sister was pregnant but, largely due to my lack of confidence with seams, I never got around to finishing it. My nephew is now 10 years old

Prior to this, I have knitted exactly one jumper, as well as dozens of smaller items like scarves, gloves, beanies, etc. Anyway, I've started to knit another scarf to get back into the swing of it, but I'm also going to finish off this little cardigan (all I have to do is knit the band and sew it together), and I've started practicing some crochet, but I need to buy a larger hook because all I have is a 3.5mm, and it's a bit small for learning IMO.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #7337
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,264 Times in 2,756 Posts
Hi, Caz. Welcome to KH. As time allows please do join in! We'd love to see photos of your knitted and crocheted pieces. I use a lot of videos to learn how to do things in knitting but when I have a question that I really need answered, I ask it here. Working on your PhD is wonderful. I wish you every success.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #7338
Caz
Casting On

Thanks GrumpyGramma
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #7339
BytheStitch
Ribbing the Cuff

New to the forum
Hi
I am an avid knitter Love Love Love it! I found your forum by looking for patterns for the white buffalo The Canadian Yarn patterns. Many years ago I knitted one for my husband but being the early days it was too tight across the shoulders (my "carrying the yarn along" was too tight and didnt allow the sweater to stretch) Anywho here we are years later and I found 7 balls of grey one white and one black. I am looking for the pattern merely for the stitches required and method for extra large. I can not find the original pattern pamphlet I had which was for the geo pattern. Can anyone help me with my search and where to buy or get this info? Please. I have made many sweater along the way and perhaps I can post some pictures for you to see. Even made a couple incorporating reflective piping across the chest and back. worked out well! Look forward to hearing from someone Please help if you can! Also what a great forum I think I need my drool cloth
BytheStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #7340
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,506 Times in 3,180 Posts
Hi BytheStitch and welcome! You are too kind.
Glad you found us by whatever route. I'm going to copy you post to the Pattern Central forum because you'll get more attention there. I hope someone can help with the search.