Old 12-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #7361
knittingroo
Casting On

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?
I've been knitting since I was about 12.... never got beyond the scarf and hat stage, but I've flooded the neighborhood with my scarves. In fact, I think I saw a homeless guy wearing one of my scarves just the other day! I am not happy at the moment. I ordered cashmere yarn from Yubina and was promised that it would be delivered mid-November - plenty of time to make a couple of delightful scarves (gasp!) for my family. It is December 21. After emails, verification of the address as well as the order, a Paypal inquiry, and yet one more email, I have YET to receive my yarn. It is now too late to make scarves - or anything else for that matter. I am extremely disappointed in the customer service as well as the fact that I have NOT received my yarn nor any tracking information so that I can see if it got stuck in some post office somewhere. I don't know how wonderful the yarn is BECAUSE I NEVER RECEIVED IT.
knittingroo is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #7362
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,330 Times in 3,015 Posts
Welcome to Knitting Help!
Disappointing all around, I know. I haven't ordered from Yubina but delivery time from online stores is always an unknown, sometimes surprisingly fast but other times, not. Maybe you can give cards with the promise of a scarf this year? Hope the yarn arrives soon and you enjoy the delights of knitting with cashmere.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #7363
Wassler
Casting On

Hi,

Let me start by whising all of you a merry christmas (i know i'ts one day late but better late than never)

I'm Wouter. I recently took up knitting again after a very long hiatus. I learned some basic knitting at elementary school (yes over here in Belgium they used to teach it to both the boys and the girls) and actually really enjoyed it back then. Spent many hrs with my mom knitting. Though usually very simple things.

I hope to find some good advice and inspiration on this forum to help me get back on track. Currently I'm working on a scarf made from a katia Ondas like yarn (cheaper alternative before I spend some on the real stuff)

Kind regards,

Wouter.
Wassler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #7364
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,555 Posts
Welcome to KH, Wouter. It's great you've joined in. If you want encouragement in knitting, you've found the right place. We'd love to see photos of your work too.

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #7365
tabsheltie7
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi all! I'm so happy I've found this site, I've been browsing for about an hour and just decided to join in the fun. We have a nice little group of women where I live that get together every Tuesday evening and knit, crochet, etc. at the public library. It's a lot of fun. I've been knitting since I was 14 or 15 and am happy to have finally found a place to share and get good advise. Merry Christmas!
Tabitha
tabsheltie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #7366
Rorshach
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Rorshach Send a message via Yahoo to Rorshach
Welcome, Wouter, nice to see another man on this site as well, there's a few of us running around. And welcome to you, Tabitha, always nice to see new faces so to speak.

Wisdom is knowing what to do. Skill is how to do it. Virtue is getting it done.

That which does not kill you, isn't trying hard enough.
Rorshach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:48 AM   #7367
sonam
Casting On

Hello
Hello everyone,
My name is Sonam, I am from Bhutan. I am a beginner and glad to have found this forum

cheers and a happy new year!

Sonam
sonam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #7368
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Welcome to Knitting Help and a very happy new year to you to Sonam! We're happy you've started knitting and joined us here. Lots of good videos to help you get started and many people ready to help with questions. We love to see pictures of your projects, too.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #7369
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Hi nomi, Happy you joined the forum. Lookng forward to maor posts by you.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #7370
pinkpearl
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi, happy to have found knittinghelp. I live in the UK and was taught to knit by my Gran when I was eight years old. I made scarves for my dolls. I made myself a sweater when I was eleven, with a LOT of help by my Mum. Then nothing until I had my first son, when of course I knitted baby cardigans. Now have two grown up sons and two new daughter's in law. I am now finishing the last of the aran sweaters for each of them. Four aran sweaters in two months! I'm crazy, but I love them all, and knitting for them.
pinkpearl is offline   Reply With Quote