Old 12-16-2005, 11:39 PM   #901
chloe2804
Casting On

I am Carol
I just restarted knitting recently& I the love this site.

Last week I started a Harry Potter knitting group at a high school I work at. Most of the kids are enthusastic but don't yet know how to knit. I recommended this site to them so them could practice over the Holidays. It has been very helpful for me.

(We decided to sew all of our gauge swatches together to make afgans for the homeless in our area.)

Thanks for having such a great site.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-17-2005, 02:12 AM   #902
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,838 Posts
Welcome! I work at a high school, too. Haven't started them knitting yet, though.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #903
earthchick
Turning the Heel

Welcome, all! This place is AWESOME!! You'll love it here!

earthchicknits
The Seven Things Project
earthchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:46 PM   #904
knason4
Ribbing the Cuff

New Knitter
This is such a great website. I wanted to try knitting about 5 years ago, so I bought one of those teach yourself to knit kits. After 2 hours of trying I got no where. About a week ago I thought I would try again. My wonderful husband found this site and I actually learned how to knit! And purl. I am so excited to add this great skill to my list of creative activities.

Javaknitter on Ravelry
knason4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:51 PM   #905
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Welcome! I guess in Alaska knitting is a good skill to have!

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Old 12-18-2005, 09:45 PM   #906
LyndaKnits
Casting On

re:another new member
Hello Knitters!

I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm really enjoying this site. The forums are great!

I'm a 50 yr. old dialysis nurse, wife, mother of 3 sons and grandmother to a one yr. old granddaughter. We live on a farm, and DH used to have a dairy herd but is semi-retired, driving a feed truck part time and planting crops on the farmland. We live in Ontario, Canada.

I've been knitting since I taught myself at age 12. I really enjoy knitting, but also sew, and quilt a bit. Knitting is still my favourite fibre activity though.

Currently, I'm working on a white "throw" for Son #2 and DIL. It's a pattern from DragonPine Designs, called the "One of a Kind Throw". It is a kit that has several different types and weights of yarns, ribbon, shiny stuff, cottons, eyelash, etc, knit in vertical strips. I have about 100 more rows to go....should be do-able if I get left alone for a few evenings.

I use and really like my Denise needle sets. I have two, so I never ever run out of needles. For the smaller sizes I do use Addi's and have some Brittany dpn sets too for socks.

That's about it for me. I look forward to spending some time reading the posts and getting rid of some of my Yahoo knitting groups that are really getting a bit repetitive topic-wise.

Lynda
LyndaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 09:52 PM   #907
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Welcome everyboyd!!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:04 AM   #908
ecuzzacrea
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to ecuzzacrea
Hi!

I joined Sunday night to ask a question and got such a fast response that I came back for more!

Everyone seems so nice and there is so much knowledge here. I've been reading all of the threads.

My name is Liz and I'm 25 years old. I live in Seattle, WA. I just moved here with my boyfriend of 7 years from our hometown right outside Buffalo, NY. We've only been here since late October, but we like it so far. It was a big move - away from everything and everyone.

I started knitting in Jan 05 when a bunch of my family started. A friend of ours would come over and teach us classes and it became a nice little knitting group.

Unfortunately I had to leave that group and I'm here trying to figure out knitting on my own! I'm still a beginner and feel frustrated lately without anyone to help me. I haven't been able to get any projects started b/c I keep messing up! I'm determined to learn by books, videos and stuff on the net now though. Hopefully it will work.

I also scrapbook. I'm on a few design teams and am also a freelance artist. I work full time for an online scrapbook store as well. My other great passion is painting. Mostly tole, but I love oil and watercolor as well.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself!!!
ecuzzacrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:55 PM   #909
danikitty182
Casting On

hiya folks!

i'm danielle, 34, from winston-salem, nc. i started out as a crochet person, taught by my grandmother at first...but my lack of motor skills at age 8 frustrated us both. i picked it up again at 30, and WHEE!

now i'm knitting, with the help of Knitting for Dummies (great book!) mostly because i've always wanted to make sweaters, and i can never seem to find really neat sweaters in crochet...always knit. so here i is!

this looks like a really happy place full of really nice helpful people. thanks for being here!
danikitty182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:22 PM   #910
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Welcome everyone!! Come on in and join the fun!

IngridKH on Ravelry