Old 12-26-2005, 12:09 AM   #921
Angelia

Originally Posted by partydiva
Thanks, Angelia. I'm going out tomorrow to get some yarn that will actually look nice for a scarf. This neon orange that I am practicing with is not going to do the trick.
:rofling: :rofling: :rofling:

I don't doubt it

I think Lion Brand has some patterns for animals on their site; you could maybe knit a couple for the boys using the yarn they picked out...

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-27-2005, 12:38 AM   #922
Anne
Knitting the Flap

Lindaknits,

I am knitting a Throw that sounds exactly like the one you are knitting.

My pattern is not from Dragon Pine Designs. Did you find your pattern in a book?

I found mine in a book at Borders Bookstore. Title of book is "the yarn girls guide to simple knits. Authors are, Julie Carles and Jordan Jacobs.

I am not finished with mine yet, however, i have enjoyed knitting it with all the different yarns.

Would love to see a picture of your Throw when you are finished.

Anne from Michigan
Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 07:43 PM   #923
mks22300
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to mks22300
Originally Posted by benniesma

MSK - where are you from? I'm originally from the Rochester area, and I know Sara is in the southern tier area. It's cold here in North Carolina, but I'm sure not as cold as NY! My son is really hoping there is some snow when we come up next week for Christmas!
Sorry it took me so long to reply to your question benniesma, been busy with Christmas things. I'm from the Rochester area and right now it isn't as cold as it was the last time I posted! :P
mks22300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:35 PM   #924
horve1
Turning the Heel

Just found the site - love it!
Just lucked into the site and I love it. The videos are wonderful, and I think the forum might be fun. :D
horve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:47 PM   #925
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
Re: Just found the site - love it!
Originally Posted by horve1
Just lucked into the site and I love it. The videos are wonderful, and I think the forum might be fun. :D
MIGHT be fun? It's a blast. Welcome to all new members!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:50 PM   #926
SkoXylo
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to SkoXylo
I am so happy I found this place. I've been lurking for a few weeks, and decided if I was going to stick around, I might as well make my presence known. Everyone here seems so helpful and, well, fun. I suppose introductions are in order... I'm a relatively new knitter (began this August), but I realized right away I loved it. I'm rapidly becoming obsessed with the craft (to the point that I decided to knit EVERYONE Christmas gifts.). Anyway, can't wait to get to know you all better.
~Les
SkoXylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:05 PM   #927
Angelia

Welcome!!
Old 12-28-2005, 07:01 PM   #928
kaysdaughter
Casting On

Hi There!
I've been lurking on the site for a few weeks. Just got back into knitting after over 20 years (learned from a book, first project a sweater, got to the sleeves and didn't finish). I've learned SO much from this site and the videos. Thanky you Amy! My favorite thing I've learned? Magic Loop. My stitches have vastly improved with circulars for some reason. Still way too tight...but that's for another topic forum. Great to meet everyone! Paula aka kaysdaughter
kaysdaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:32 PM   #929
Jodyb
Casting On

I'm just introducing myself.
I'm Jody. I live in the Minneapolis area with hubby and 3 kids (one is moving to Austin TX next month with his girlfriend :rollseyes: )
My mom taught me to knit many, many, many years ago. I just decided to start knitting again. I learned how using the american way of knitting but with this sites videos I have successfully switched to the continental way. Mom also taught me to cast on but I've searched and searched but I'm unable to find anything published on how I cast on. I'm a little confused which cast on method to use and when.
I made my brother a scarf for christmas. I just made a dishcloth to try out continental knitting. Now I'm going to make another scarf for my hubby.
I'm very excited to add knitting to my list of fiber related hobbies. I sew, quilt and crochet.
Jodyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:04 AM   #930
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
Welcome everyone!! :D

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is online now   Reply With Quote