Old 12-29-2005, 12:46 PM   #931
kellyjo32
Knitting the Flap

I've posted a few times but never *formally* introduced myself. I'm Kelly Jo, from Maryland, and I have recently become obsessed with knitting!! I'm only 25, and I think it's so great to see such an increase in knitters from my generation! I've always been very crafty, and just learned to crochet last year, and quickly realized that all the fun patterns are knitting, so I jumped right in. I must say that I am one of those people that believes I can learn anything, in only one day, and I always think I'm capable of just a little more than I really am...so this forum is great, because I always seem to need a little help, and although I ask him, my husband never seems to know how to read the patterns?!?
The lady at my LYS laughed at me when I took her the pattern I wanted to start with, and she said, well maybe you should start small, and you definitely should take some lessons. I said "Are you crazy lady?! You obviously don't know me...I'm a right now kind of person" I went home, ordered the pattern and yarn, taught myself how to knit, did my inaugural scarf in two days and was dying for the stuff to come in for my felted bag! Saved myself $45 in lessons, $45 can buy a lot of yarn!! So now I find it a little hard to walk into the LYS, they're too expensive anyways!
Anyways, I digress...So far everyone here at KH has been so helpful and I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the videos, what a great idea! I find myself addicted to this site while I'm at work and can't knit, and then I'm so excited when I get home that I can't wait to knit!!
Thanks everyone!!
Monkey's in STR Titania
My So Called Scarf in Manos del Uruguay 115 (Flame)
Wonderful Wallaby in Berroco Ultra Alpaca
Dale of Norway Sheep Sweater
kellyjo32 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-29-2005, 01:19 PM   #932
Angelia

Welcome, Kelly Jo!

And you go girl, with your brave self! Glad you've jumped in head-first!

Old 12-29-2005, 02:57 PM   #933
Lady M
1st Leg of the Journey

Hello Everyone..=)
Hi All,

I am Anne and I am a advanced beginner at knitting. I tried to learn to knit about 20 years ago but just couldn's master the technique and became an avid crocheter. I have crocheted about anything that a person can crochet , from afghans to christening gowns and then stoped all together out of sheer bordom. I finally picked up the knitting needles about 3 weeks ago, bought a "Learn to Knit Video" and started knitting right away and now I am Hooked. I have read so many post here at this forum and have taken a ton of advise. I ordered the noro yarn and printed off the pattern for the Booga Bag. Ordered the pattern off e-bay for the Felted Clogs and cant wait until they all come in.

I have already made a Thick Scarf from "Woolease thick and Quick" and although it turned oout wonderfully. its so thick and heavy that I am thinking about pulling it out and saving the yarn for some other project.

I have made 2 purses from the pattern on DYI "Ediths Tot Bag " and I love how they turned out and will try to get them both lined with matching fabric by this weekend.

Well thats about it for me..... I want to thank you all for such a wonderful place to come to for ideals and advise.

Hugs to All
Anne
Lady M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:10 PM   #934
joe_doufu
1st Leg of the Journey

Hello,
I'm Joe, from Maine originally but now teaching English in South Korea. My last name isn't Doufu, that's a Mandarin Chinese pun.
A couple weeks ago my elementary school students started knitting (or so I thought -- now I realize it was crocheting) and I couldn't have them knowing how to do something I didn't, so I found this site and started. So far I have a short scarf-let, and moments ago I just finished my first hatlike thing. It's 4:07 in the morning.
Thanks for the videos, Amy.
Cheers!
Joe
joe_doufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:56 PM   #935
BonnieM
1st Leg of the Journey

Hello from Massachusetts. I've decided to de-lurk and join the fun :D I've been knitting for about 3 years, and since discovering Amy's videos and this site, I've think I've graduated to an intermediate knitter I've discovered the joys and frustrations of modular knitting...a technique that's been keeping me busy lately. I'm looking forward to *meeting* everyone and learning more. I'm now off to rip out the fourth triangle in one of the modular knits patterns
BonnieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:58 PM   #936
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,838 Posts
Welcome! Depending on where you are in MA, check out the thread on the get-together tomorrow!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:08 PM   #937
BonnieM
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi Ingrid. I'm so close, it's scary, but I have to work :crying: Webs is wonderful. Y'all are going to have the bestest time (and lighter wallets, to boot). Next time there's a get together, I'm there!
Old 12-29-2005, 05:43 PM   #938
Angelia

Welcome Anne, Joe, and Bonnie!
Old 12-30-2005, 01:45 AM   #939
joe_doufu
1st Leg of the Journey

I was a little freaked out for a minute there. My mother's name is Bonnie (and maiden initial M)... I thought she'd tracked me down here or something! LOL. Wrong state.
joe_doufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 07:44 PM   #940
BonnieM
1st Leg of the Journey

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Sorry to get your blood pressure up, Joe LOL!