Old 12-30-2005, 09:16 PM   #941
chicagoknitter
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi to everyone. I read the new posts here nearly daily and I have used this site to teach me to knit! I am proud to say I am about to bind off my very first cable knit (a scarf for mom that was supposed to be a Christmas present, better late than never huh?) :XX:

Nice to be here and read everyone's posts. I love that there is a knitting community out there that is SO nice and SO helpful. It is great that you are all so willing to help us newbys out! Thank you!
chicagoknitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-30-2005, 09:27 PM   #942
Angelia

Welcome!

This place is wonderful--be careful, though. It can be as addictive as knitting! :D
Old 12-30-2005, 11:20 PM   #943
swimmin_mama
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to swimmin_mama
Hey yas! I'm a Mama from Ithaca, NY ... probably considered an intermediate knitter. Mostly I knit soakers, longies, sweaters and such for my DS who is now 11 months old. :D
Old 12-30-2005, 11:38 PM   #944
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Welcome everyone!!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:46 PM   #945
miss_jms
Ribbing the Cuff

Oh, I just saw this thread

I'm Jennifer, 23, from Arkansas. I am about to be married. My fiance and I have a 22-month-old daughter, Emily. I am also a full-time college student. I will finally graduate this year (after several attempts and several degree changes) with a degree in office administration with an emphasis in both bookkeeping and human resources.

My future MIL taught me to knit when I was pregnant, so I haven't been knitting very long at all. My first actual finished project was a scarf (surprise, surprise, right?) for my teacher and work study boss.

Now I'm a fanatic... I'm not very good yet, but I love, LOVE knitting now!!

I'm so very glad I found this forum... so far I've loved reading stuff from people who love knitting as much as I do.

I hope to get to know everyone soon!!
miss_jms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:31 AM   #946
Angelia

Welcome!!
Old 12-31-2005, 02:06 AM   #947
PurlyQ
Casting On

Re: Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! ...Introduce yoursel
This site is amazing. It's also a big first -- my first forum.

The reason I'm joining is to hopefully to get some input. Not much of a knitter and unable to find a simple pattern for a short-sleeved pullover sweater, actually believed I could make up a pattern. Now I'm stuck on the neck and will be trying out this forum (once I learn how to navigate it) for any suggestions. Perhaps the journey will prove more interesting than the final destination.
PurlyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:38 AM   #948
trucker945
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to trucker945 Send a message via MSN to trucker945 Send a message via Yahoo to trucker945
Howdy, howdy, howdy,
Too bad Amy didn't have this site up when I was teaching myself knitting, it might not have taken me as long as it did. The videos are very well made and informational.
Whenever I would ask somebody to show me something, their hands were like lightning and they would say "Just like that, it's easy, now you do it" AS IF!!!
About me... I'm 48, retired and live alone, so I have plenty of time to do whatever I want; Knit, build web-sites, fly kites, go for a walk, get hammered on my home-made wine, make more wine, learn new things, whatever.
Lately I've also been teaching knitting to others... but I think Amy is better at it. I like taking my knitting with me when I travel. It freaks out the guys at the VA hospital when I open my back-pack and start knitting. Some want to know what possessed me. Then they want to know how to knit.
It all started years ago when I taught myself to make fishing nets. It gets cold out on the water, and good warm clothing is not cheap... but I am. So, knitting was the next thing to go for, naturally. I read a lot of books about it, made some knitting needles, (because I'm cheap) and got to it. String craft or string theory? It's a knotty subject. :rollseyes:
I make my own knitting tools, (but I bought the needle size gauge) and I shop for yarn at thrift stores. They can use the business, and I can use the savings. My Local Yarn Shop has terrific stuff... but, I am cheap. I like to cook, and I like to eat what I cook, so I prefer to spend money on food.
I'll try to help by sharing what I've learned where I can, but pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Any questions? Any answers? Anyone care for a mint?

Did I mention I'm a cheap S.O.B.?
trucker945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:39 AM   #949
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Welcome!

PurlyQ--be careful! This was my first forum, too, and look what's happened to me! :rofling:

Trucker--I'm self taught, too. There was not other option when I learned! Welcome to the forum--we could always use more guys.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:27 PM   #950
Jillle
Turning the Heel

Hi everyone. My name's Jill and I'm a knitaholic...now that I've found KH! I have two kids D 14 and S 17. I've been knitting scarves and hats like crazy (finally tried circs and dpn's). Everyone seems to love wearing the things I knit for them. Even my son has worn the hat I gave him for Christmas every day.
My other is tennis. Anyone else???
Jillle is offline   Reply With Quote