Old 01-05-2006, 03:13 PM   #981
switsawa
Casting On

Newbie RElearning how to knit
Hello, all. I absolutely love this site. I initially googled it because I was having trouble with a color change. After seeing the video I realized that I have been doing it wrong! My grandmother taught me when I was in my teens; I haven't been an avid knitter for time restraints, but I'm getting back into it. I am having fun learning to knit continental style. I didn't know it even existed, but while watching one of the videos, I was thinking, 'Man, she's fast'; then thought I might try it.

I'm currently knitting a striped chenille scarf for my daughter; we're going to a gymnastics meet in New York in February. It's my first experience with double pointed needles, but it's going along well. She checks on me daily(she loves how soft it is), so I have my little knitting motivator.

Cheers.
switsawa is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #982
jodstr2
Instepping Out

welcome, everyone! I haven't checked this thread in ages so pls forgive me for not mentioning you by name. glad to have you all here! the more, the merrier!

on needles:
Noro Striped Scarf
Lacy Ribbed Socks
Monkey 8

jodstr2
jodstr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:47 PM   #983
Angelia

Welcome!

Be sure to post a pic of that scarf--we love that stuff!
Old 01-06-2006, 12:58 AM   #984
heartknits
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to heartknits
Hi all,

you have no idea how happy I am to find this forum!! I learned to knit about a year and a half ago after trying for about 10 years off and on. I've crocheted for over 20 years and am fairly advanced in that area. I'm a part of Crochetville.org, a HUGE forum and had been wishing for a long time to find the same comraderie on a knitting forum. I finally did!! This place rocks!! Now I'm getting into spinning as well. I will be 30 years old this year, am married to my best friend, have 3 beautiful kids, and not enough time to indulge my fiber obsessions!

Rebecca

My Blogs
-------------
knitintohim.blogspot.com
woolandflax.blogspot.com
xanga.com/woolandflax
heartknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:05 AM   #985
Angelia

Ahh, you have stumbled upon a group of kindred spirits, Rebecca!
Old 01-07-2006, 04:44 PM   #986
missneaki
Casting On

no longer a lonely knitter
hello to everyone. i'm new here. my name is heather - and in the avitar is my cat neaki.

i taught myself to knit online when the knit washcloths my mother bought me had worn out. i wanted more, but didn't know any knitters.

that was a little over a year ago. i consider my self a beginner 'cause i haven't ventured too far past knit and purl.

that was untill now. i found the videos and went 'yeah!'. then i found this forum 'double yeah!' - saw how helpful and friendly everyone was 'woohoo!'

on the needle: i'm just working a swatch of different stitches. learning how to mke baubbles and cables and twisted type stitches 'n stuff.
missneaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #987
melissa.atkins
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to melissa.atkins Send a message via Yahoo to melissa.atkins Send a message via Skype™ to melissa.atkins
Welcome here Heather! I can pedict you will become and "adict" with this forum... that happened to me.. But, it is for a good cause... KNITTING! :XX:

I like your cat!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #988
nanonette
Knitting the Flap

A newbie knitter here. Just started about 2 months ago. So far I've completed 3 scarves and a stocking hat for my DS. I'm working on the easy poncho pattern found here for my DD now.

Love this site! The videos are completely FABULOUS!! I was lost without them. Just couldn't get it with the Boye's beginner knit set I purchased. Then someone posted on another board (scrapbooking - my other hobby/obsession) about this site. Funny thing - quite a few scrapbookers I know have started picking up needles for crocheting or knitting, and all of us started around the same time, too!

Anyway, I love your board & your site! Keep up the great community!
nanonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #989
MissAbi
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to MissAbi
Hey everybody!

My name is Abi and I'm new to the forum. I'm 20 years olds and I've first learned how to knit when I was 12. I gave up after my first scarf because I knit too tight. But I joined a SnB last summer and the ladies pointed me to this site when I decided to give kntting a second chance.

So far, I've knit quite a few scarves using different techniques (cabled, entrelac, lace). I'm finishing up a lace scarf right now and after this, I like to try something new. Socks perhaps. I'm open to suggestions.

I look forward to getting to know all of you through your posts.
MissAbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #990
MissAbi
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to MissAbi
Hey everybody!

My name is Abi and I'm new to the forum. I'm 20 years olds and I've first learned how to knit when I was 12. I gave up after my first scarf because I knit too tight. But I joined a SnB last summer and the ladies pointed me to this site when I decided to give kntting a second chance.

So far, I've knit quite a few scarves using different techniques (cabled, entrelac, lace). I'm finishing up a lace scarf right now and after this, I like to try something new. Socks perhaps. I'm open to suggestions.

I look forward to getting to know all of you through your posts.
MissAbi is offline   Reply With Quote