Old 12-22-2004, 11:06 PM   #11
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

oooh are you interested in making more? I was just looking on e-bay for one. The fabric used is really not a big deal (actually I like funky - so mixed matched would a-ok)
Nuno930 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-23-2004, 03:38 PM   #12
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Nuno!

Well, I'm out of one of the fabrics, and I'm already tired of making them! But if you want me to send you the pattern, I will. Also, if anyone else wants to take over making these, I'll send you the pattern, and you can go to town!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 06:51 PM   #13
amigarabita
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to amigarabita
i'll make them! i pm'd you amy.

nuno -are you still needing one? you can pm me.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:41 AM   #14
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Amigarabita, I've written up the pattern for you! I'll send it out tomorrow!

It was a fair amount of work, so I've decided to pay to get copies made of the pattern, so I don't have to re-write it for future requests. The pattern is the life-sized pattern pieces, with stitches marked on them, and written instructions. It's a more complex pattern than it looks! The pattern is all hand-written, but clear I think!

If anyone else wants copies of this pattern, I'm going to have to charge for it, because of shipping and copying costs--and a little extra for my time. $4.50 will cover the pattern and shipping. You can pay through my tip jar on the CD page of this site; and email me with your request and shipping address!

Thanks everyone!
Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
Old 01-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #15
kdavies
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to kdavies Send a message via Yahoo to kdavies
Amy, I haven't received the knitting needle organizer. Did it, by chance, come back to you?
kdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:47 AM   #16
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Kathy! This is HORRIBLE! I can't believe it!!

I sent it in NOVEMBER! If you haven't received it by now, then this does not bode well. No, I haven't received it back or anything!

Unfortunately, I am out of the edging fabric. I'm also extremely busy right now, and tired of making them. So, a replacement isn't really an option, I'm sorry to tell you.

But of course I will refund your money. And if you're a sewer, I'll send you the extra fabric, which is enough for the body of the organizer, and the pattern to make it.

Does this sound okay? I'm really sorry that it didn't make it to you! I've never heard of a package getting lost like this! I did, once, have a package take a couple of months. But how strange! And dissappointing! I even made you a little set of cable needles and threw them in. What a drag that it got lost.

Amy

Martha Graham
Old 01-04-2005, 10:22 AM   #17
kdavies
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to kdavies Send a message via Yahoo to kdavies
November?! I guess the mailman's wife is enjoying it! lol.

Don't worry about the fabric. If you'll send along some instructions I'll sew it up. It's too good a design to just forget about!
kdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #18
craftyzoey
Casting On

Sad about the lost organizer,
Kathy and Amy,

Kathy - You might talk to your postman - perhaps they have a 'lost packages' claim form for things that go missing.

I received my organizer a few weeks ago and I just love it - plus Amy included 2 CD's as bonus goodies.

And the snow day I was hoping for actually materialized - so I am going to stay warm and cozy with my knitting projects.

Thanks again for the cool organizer, all of your help and the fabulous web site. It's like having a knitting mentor 24/7/365!!

~craftyzoey
craftyzoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:33 PM   #19
Lisa Perry
Casting On

In all those left overs I was hoping someone had Red Heart Pink 371
I had an afghan started a while back and rediscovered it but am short the yarn. I can't seem to find it in any of the stores. Is Wal-Mart getting rid of Red Heart? It's the very pale pink.

Thanks so much!
Old 02-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #20
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Kathy, you're not going to believe this.....
I got the needle organizer back in the mail today! What's it been? 3 months since I sent it off to you?!!! The package was completely ripped open, with a 12" gash!

Well, I have it for you if you want it! If not, anyone else interested in one of these?

Amy

Martha Graham