Old 12-08-2004, 01:16 AM   #11
Kiri
Ribbing the Cuff

A test swatch for my rogue hoodie...

Kiri is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-08-2004, 02:22 AM   #12
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Nice, Kiri! That could be (will be?) a scarf....just like MZ's!

Nice scarf, MZ!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:35 PM   #13
Jill
Casting On

My first project...
Well, I finally finished my very first knitting project! Well, I have another one on the go, but I was able to make this: (I was going to upload the pictures but they are a little large so I just linked them instead)

My very first scarf

So you're prolly wondering whats up that itty bitty piece of knitting with the horrible fringe on the end haha Well, it's for this little guy:

My little snowman

Yes, I'm 23 and my snowman looks like 10 year old made it but I think he's cute! And I finally knitted something without having to unravel it! So yay me! :D
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:40 PM   #14
Cellcept
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to Cellcept
Jill

Cute is an understatement! He's adorable! Great job; you should be proud. Keep up the good work!

Rick
"I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow-creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." - Stephen Grellet
Cellcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:17 PM   #15
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Jill, that's adorable! I love your snowman!
Hooray for you! Congratulations on your first project! Way to go!

Thanks so much for sharing those pictures!
Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
Old 12-12-2004, 10:41 PM   #16
Jill
Casting On

aww thanks Amy and Rick :D I'm also working on making a catbed but it's sort of gone off on its own haha so hopefully eventually I'll be able to post pictures of that!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 03:45 AM   #17
SoapDoc
1st Leg of the Journey

Re: My first project...
Originally Posted by Jill
Well, I finally finished my very first knitting project!
Oh, Jill! That is adorable!! I am brand new too and can only hope I will be there one day!!
Old 12-20-2004, 01:30 AM   #18
Phretys
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Phretys
My most recent project
I'm on my second month of knitting, and I keep asking myself why I hadn't tried this years ago! So far I've finished a cell phone tote, a dishcloth (which helped me learn even tension), and yesterday I finished a tassled hat for my 2-year-old niece.

Here is where I got the free pattern:
http://maggiesrags.com/freetasslehat.htm

Oddly enough, I learned tassle-making for cross-stitched ornaments. I have a lot of leftover yarn so I may use the rest to make a little scarf to go with the hat. I'm on day #2 on making a second hat in purples for my niece's sister.

~Debi~
Phretys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 12:20 PM   #19
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

CUTE!!! Thanks for sharing, Debi! It suits your niece perfectly! How adorable.

Amy

Martha Graham
Old 12-22-2004, 07:28 PM   #20
babybrella
Casting On

First sock finished
HI all, I am new here and new to knitting. I just finished my very first sock, here it is

http://tinyurl.com/6s6z7

I am very proud of it. Had some problems along the way but I learned from them. Now I just have to make another, LOL.

Amy in Alaska
babybrella is offline   Reply With Quote