Old 10-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #81
KnittinMitchie
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to KnittinMitchie Send a message via MSN to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Yahoo to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Skype™ to KnittinMitchie
Hi all I have taken this wonderful hat and converted it into a toilet paper cover. I had a request for one and the lady's son is a big VW fan. I have done one in Blue with the logo in white and one in white with the logo in blue
Share your Photos of Austin the Bear

Ravelry as KnittinMitchie

Last edited by KnittinMitchie : 10-09-2007 at 01:19 AM. Reason: pics too up too much room
KnittinMitchie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-14-2007, 02:10 AM   #82
dclifford3
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to dclifford3
Circumference?
I'm knitting this hat for my boyfriend for Christmas, but with the pattern, it comes to 18 in around, and his head is 22 in around. so i cast on 110 stitches rather than the recommended 90, will this turn out ok if i still follow the same reduction pattern? Thanks for any help! -Devon
dclifford3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:34 PM   #83
hypeforlife91
Ribbing the Cuff

For this pattern, when it says "Continue in this fashion" does that mean "k2tog, *6k k2tog" for the rest of the knit rows or continue decreasing to "k2tog, *5k k2tog......"k2tog, *4k k2tog"...etc etc.. Thanks!
hypeforlife91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #84
SEAL1ONESS
Casting On

Boston Hat
Hey everyone! This is a great simple pattern for a men's hat - I love it! I'm making one for my dad for Christmas and just finished knitting the Red Sox logo in - it looks pretty good, but I did an awful job with the intarsia so the logo is thick and kind of pops out a little

I'll post a picture when I'm done! Until then, really stupid question - does anyone have a good link for how to decrease using DPNs? It's probably easier than I think, but I just...don't get it yet haha. Thanks everyone!
SEAL1ONESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #85
Lisa1984
Casting On

Hi, I love this hat, have made it a few times, but one picky person would like it a bit tighter, how do I do that without ruining the nice puckering on the hat?
Lisa1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #86
kat44
Casting On

New
Hi,

I found your site today purely by accident while doing a search for men's hat patterns. I couldn't find anything in the stores I liked. I used to do a lot of knitting several years ago and am getting back into it again. It's amazing how much I forgot !!!!! Your site is terrific and can help me with many of the things I'm am anxious about attempting - like using double pointed needles. I have never used them and think this may give me the courgae to start. You have a great site !!!! I'm going to start simple, but will definitely be back for more complex patterns.
Thanks
kat
kat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:43 PM   #87
phantom92opera
Ribbing the Cuff

love this pattern, i have used it mult. times and my most recent is a "steelers hat" for my sisters fiance. I merely took ur chart and overlapped it w/ the logo and photoshopped it. heres the end result

phantom92opera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #88
gethap
Casting On

size of hat
i just finished this hat. i'm a brand new knitter and this was my first attempt. I have a small head and this hat just came to the top of my ears. i followed the pattern exactly. my 17 year old son wants one of these but he has a much bigger head than mine. so what do i need to do to make it bigger? I don't even know what you mean when you post the gauge sizes. i read on one post something about increasing the cast on stitches to 120, which i understand, but what did you mean by 20 X 24 gauge? If I use 120 stitches, how do i decrease?
gethap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #89
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
You would dec the same, but use more sts between the k2tog. Start with k10, k2tog, then one less stitch between the decreases.

eta: Now that I've seen the pattern, it uses markers to show where to dec, so with 120 sts place them every 12 sts and follow the directions.

Last edited by suzeeq : 01-08-2008 at 01:29 PM.
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #90
PetYarn
Casting On

Send a message via ICQ to PetYarn Send a message via AIM to PetYarn Send a message via MSN to PetYarn
Circular Pattern
Hey, guys.

I saw this crop up a couple times in the comments, so I took the liberty of "translating" the pattern for use with circulars. You can find it here.

Note: I have a small infatuation with twisted rib, but if you just want your standard 1x1 rib, just go ahead and *k1, p1* for rounds 2-8.

Let me know if you see any errors or if you have questions/comments!

PetYarn
PetYarn is offline   Reply With Quote