Old 12-28-2004, 05:24 PM   #1
bjhac2010
Casting On

HomeSpun Yarn
Does anyone have any tricks to finding the end on Homespun Yarn? I've never had so much trouble finding the end of a skien of yarn before. Is it just me? Am I missing the obvious?

Thanks!
bjhac2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-29-2004, 07:51 PM   #2
humblestumble
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to humblestumble Send a message via Yahoo to humblestumble
Sometimes u just gotta reach in and pull some yarn out to find the end if it's not already just hanging out

http://www.amsfineart.com

humblestumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:03 PM   #3
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Yeah, I have little patience, so if I can't find it easily, I'll just reach in and pull out a good portion of the inside! I'll just pull out a bunch, whatever comes out easily, and innevitably I'll see that there's only one strand connecting this portion to the rest of the ball: so I know the end is in there somewhere!

If I can't spot it easily, I'll just start unwinding it from the part that's connected to the ball, until I reach the end. Then I'll wind it back up starting from the end I've found, just wrapping it around and around my hand, and holding the end with my thumb so it doesn't get burried and lost. Then I just stuff that wrapped up yarn back inside the original skein, and I'm all set to use it as a center pull ball. It sounds like a pain, but it doesn't take that long, and it eliminates the frustration of searching and searching forever for that end!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:27 AM   #4
bjhac2010
Casting On

Thanks for the suggestions.
I guess I'll get a little more aggressive with the next skien.

This is a nice site BTW. It is helpful and seems the people on the boards are very friendly.

Thanks for your efforts!
bjhac2010 is offline   Reply With Quote