Originally Posted by WshUpnASta
I have done about 3 inches on the hat, and I love the pattern. I did cast of 108 stitches and did the k2 p2. Then on the last row, I did straight knitting, but increased 2 stitches on that row. So now I have 110 stitches and tha pattern works out just fine. I love it, and it was a big hit at my knitting class (I am taking an adult ed knitting class) They were tired of seeing me come in working on baby sweaters.
That's a really good idea. I think I'll do a revised braieded hat pattern with this as my starting point. I hate that my instructions didn't make as much sense as I thought
That's what you get for having 4 weeks' worth of experience with something and then trying to help other people with it
If there are other improvements to the pattern people have used I'd love to know them so I could rewrite this in the most useful way I can.