Old 10-15-2007, 11:12 AM   #91
knitella
Casting On

Terrific!
I've been searching for a hat pattern with cables and yours suits my purpose perfectly! Looking forward to casting on. Thanks, Anise!
knitella is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-28-2007, 04:48 PM   #92
WshUpnASta
Ribbing the Cuff

I finished a pastel pink hat and my dd18 just decided that she liked this pattern but in a Lettuce color from knitpicks.com. I had ordered the yarn to make a baby sweater set, so I guess I'm going to need some more of this color so that I can do the braided hat and the set.
WshUpnASta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #93
greenwitchknitter
Ribbing the Cuff

Great pattern! Just finished, first cable attempt, thanks for the easy instructions!! I must knit tightly on the round because 88 stitches was too small for my 8 year old but great for a 4 year old!
Thanks again! Love it!
greenwitchknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #94
Tinker
Ribbing the Cuff

A beautiful hat!!! I'm thinking of making it in "Click" (a slightly heavy worsted weight).... and it's gotta be red!!!
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 PM   #95
WshUpnASta
Ribbing the Cuff

I just finished this pattern and made it with a rolled up ribbing. Its made of Andean Silk from www.knitpicks.com. This pattern is lovely.

Debbie in Maine.http://makingtimetoknit.blogspot.com/
Old 11-20-2007, 08:54 AM   #96
anise
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by WshUpnASta View Post
I have done about 3 inches on the hat, and I love the pattern. I did cast of 108 stitches and did the k2 p2. Then on the last row, I did straight knitting, but increased 2 stitches on that row. So now I have 110 stitches and tha pattern works out just fine. I love it, and it was a big hit at my knitting class (I am taking an adult ed knitting class) They were tired of seeing me come in working on baby sweaters.
That's a really good idea. I think I'll do a revised braieded hat pattern with this as my starting point. I hate that my instructions didn't make as much sense as I thought That's what you get for having 4 weeks' worth of experience with something and then trying to help other people with it

If there are other improvements to the pattern people have used I'd love to know them so I could rewrite this in the most useful way I can.

Thanks y'all
anise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anise For This Useful Post:
WshUpnASta (11-22-2007)
Old 11-22-2007, 10:36 AM   #97
WshUpnASta
Ribbing the Cuff

Anise,

Your hat is lovely! Its my favorite one to do! I have it marked at Ravelry.com as being your pattern. Thanks so much!!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:46 PM   #98
chocogirl
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks so much for this super awesome pattern. I'm a super newbie when it comes to knitting, I've only knitted scarves so far and 1 hat. Now I'm going to move onto the next stage and make this hat. Yay for this pattern, it'll so match with my double-sided cable scarf (as xmas present).

Everyone sounds very friendly and super helpful in this forum. I'm looking forward to seeking advices and help from all of you.

Also, can someone let me know what are DPNs?

Thanks so much ahead of time.
chocogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:44 PM   #99
boo1
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by WshUpnASta View Post
I just finished this pattern and made it with a rolled up ribbing. Its made of Andean Silk from www.knitpicks.com. This pattern is lovely.

Debbie in Maine.http://makingtimetoknit.blogspot.com/
Oh, SO pretty! I love the original and I love the rolled up ribbing too! And the color.....

boo1
boo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:19 AM   #100
WshUpnASta
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by chocogirl View Post
Thanks so much for this super awesome pattern. I'm a super newbie when it comes to knitting, I've only knitted scarves so far and 1 hat. Now I'm going to move onto the next stage and make this hat. Yay for this pattern, it'll so match with my double-sided cable scarf (as xmas present).

Everyone sounds very friendly and super helpful in this forum. I'm looking forward to seeking advices and help from all of you.

Also, can someone let me know what are DPNs?

Thanks so much ahead of time.
DPN's are double pointed needles. When you are decreasing the top part of the hat, you'll need them as the circular needles are too long at that point.

Debbie