Old 01-09-2005, 12:36 AM   #1
Roxanne
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Roxanne
Finished My Nina Sweater...YAY!
I finally finished my first sweater! I hope to improve on the seaming technique with more projects as it's not as smooth as I would've liked on the shoulders. The pattern called for 13 skeins and I ended up using 14 and a bit of the 15th to finish it...so anyone doing Jo Sharp patterns, please take note. If I did it again, I'd make her a little longer as it's a just-below-the-waist length now and I prefer to the hips...

Photos are on my blog if you care to look.
Gifts for Fiber Enthusiasts: http://yarngiftbouquets.com
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-09-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
amigarabita
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to amigarabita
hey! that's really cute!
Old 01-09-2005, 12:48 AM   #3
Anne
Knitting the Flap

Your sweater is beautiful. Only you will notice the mistakes. Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done. :D
Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 01:01 AM   #4
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Yay Roxanne! Nina's gorgeous!!

What a relief that the yarn problem worked out. You did a beautiful job of blending the skeins. You can't tell at all, at least not in those pictures.

Nice!

Congratulations!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 06:46 AM   #5
Egeria
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to Egeria Send a message via Yahoo to Egeria
Wow that sweater looks great! I also like your Filtura scarf!

Say you're from Alberta? So am I! I grew up in Cochrane but now live in Dublin. I've been away from home for 4 and a half years now and am planning a trip back in August. Can't wait!

I'm also a self-taught knitter, you can read up on that on my knitblog knit-wit.blog-city.com.

I love reading blogs! What's your next project?
Old 01-09-2005, 11:57 AM   #6
beldaraan
Working the Gusset

Edmonton, Alberta right here. Must explain my thing for socks and sweaters. 8)
beldaraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #7
Roxanne
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Roxanne
Thanks everyone for your kind words....and Amy, the new dye lot really didn't look different from the first one so thank goodness...it was easy to blend! It's mostly in the neck too and only the top half of a sleeve so it's not noticeable at all!

As for my next project, I've joined a KAL for the Ribby Cardi so she's next.... :D If anyone's interested, the link is http://ribbycardikal.blogspot.com

For those of you in or from Alberta...great sweater weather isn't it?? Since it's going to get down to almost -30C this week, I can wear my sweater soon!!!
Gifts for Fiber Enthusiasts: http://yarngiftbouquets.com
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:15 PM   #8
beldaraan
Working the Gusset

Nice cardi...

I would be the type to say "great knitting sweater" weather. I would wear my sweater inside while knitting another sweater in that weather. I say "would" because I'm not up to knitting sweaters yet. See me next winter, or maybe this summer if it's anything like last summer
beldaraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:55 PM   #9
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Roxanne,

That KAL looks fun! I had to click on the link to learn what KAL stood for. I'm rather a newbie in the blog-world of knitters!

After discovering FaeryCrafty's fun blog, I was toying with the idea of starting a blog. But then I realized it would be the most horrible blog ever, since all my knitting projects are top-secret patterns for my book. I wouldn't have anything to share! It would be like "Yay, I just finished my third pattern! I love it! Too bad you don't get to see it!" I'm sure it would be really popular.

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote