Old 12-28-2004, 08:38 AM   #1
loofnicnad
Ribbing the Cuff

Thank you, Amy
Hello Amy,

My name is Jeff and I have just recently begun to knit. I want to thank you for providing so much information in a format that makes knitting understandable for those f us who have very little experience with any "crafty" skills. I was stuck trying to get my pattern correct on the first row (K3, P3). I kept coming up with what looked like an "X" on the top of my needle. Yesterday, I came across knittinghelp.com and saw your video on the basic knit and purl stitches. You demonstrate going from one to the other and I realized what I was not doing. I was failing to move the yarn to the front of my work when I purl. I have read several instructions but your video was a wonderful gift that helped me see what needed to be done. I have bookmarked this site so that I can continue to use it as a resource as well as be able, someday to share my experience as I become more proficient with my new skills.

Thank you so much,
Jeff
loofnicnad is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-28-2004, 10:46 AM   #2
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

You're welcome, Jeff! Your post has put a big smile on my face.

Great to have you on board!
Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:22 AM   #3
Anne
Knitting the Flap

I agree. Amy's site is the best. I have taken knitting class's but the teacher will correct our mistakes and give us back the needles. How is anyone suppose to learn that way?

Thank You Amy for this wonderful knitting site.
Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
oshnpashn
1st Leg of the Journey

Had to jump on this post!! Thank you Amy. I just started a new project and thanks to you I now knit the "tail" for the first few stitches!! I was constantly worrying if it would unravel if I didn't knot it, but knots are hateful things to me. :D Just joined today, but have been enjoying the videos for about 2 weeks now. When I do my first pair of socks, kitchener stitch is not even scarey! Thank you, thank you!
oshnpashn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:56 PM   #5
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome oshnpashn! and thanks!
Thanks Anne!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote