Old 01-26-2005, 02:44 PM   #11
Egeria
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to Egeria Send a message via Yahoo to Egeria
Heya Jouf, ya I'm up for the sock thang! Have done socks before so it won't be too hard but I'm interested in his technique (i.e never use another pattern again!)

Just bought some bargain yarn at my LYS tonight and I'm so excited! I'm going to do some slippers for my husband so he'd better like them! I may also make some slippers out of the Storm Aran I have for myself. Of course, I told myself no new projects until I'm done the blanket and the cardigan!!

The scarf I did was pretty easy actually, what a relief! I used a cable needle but found it was a very quick knit. I am going to do another one for my dad so!

Holly, you're right! A lot of men here ask me why knit when you can just get it in the shops?! Like they just don't appreciate the hard work and love that goes into a handknit project! The only reason my husband likes his scarf (so he says) is that he can brag how warm he is on site when the other lads are freezing! But deep down I know he's just full of pride and appreciation for my handiwork.....snicker.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-28-2005, 12:02 PM   #12
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

posting pics!
Congrats on the cable! I'm about to do my first one thanks to Amy.
Just been playing around with a scarf that has different sections, including seed stitch for the first time which I love.

I want to post some pix, and tried yesterday. It didn't go through. I read Amy's FAQs and.... i dunno. Guess I'll check the size of the picture maybe that was it but I can't imagine it's too big coz the picture of the sweet little girls is much bigger and also Amy's pix are real big. I think it would be neat to see pictures of what people are working on/finished....

any advice? what the heck, I'll try it again right now...

Oooohhhh kayyy, I see, allowed size is 256 KB and my picture is
578 KB. Hm. NOw I'll go away and try to figure how to reduce it (which is done automatically in an email).

Ach.

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:26 PM   #13
beldaraan
Working the Gusset

You can edit the picture in an art program (I love Adobe Photoshop) and resize it. You can also alter the quality of the picture (by changing the number of pixels). This doesn't have too much of an effect of the image imo and can save a lot of room.

Good luck!
beldaraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:30 PM   #14
oshnpashn
1st Leg of the Journey

Lots of cablers here I see LOL. It was really fun. And finally the hat is finished, just hope whoever gets likes it!!
oshnpashn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:54 PM   #15
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

thanks!
Thanks belderaan for the info on pictures. will give it a go... you have to see this stash

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote