Old 01-26-2005, 04:36 PM   #11
Anne
Knitting the Flap

Where i wonder is she planning on teaching?
Anne is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-26-2005, 05:04 PM   #12
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Originally Posted by Anne
Where i wonder is she planning on teaching?
Don't know. But your suggestions were good ... cafe, coffee shop. I was thinking the library ...or... Barnes & Nobles has really nice gathering space, ...or ... Borders Books ... or ... the common space at the mall ... YMCA might have some space she could use ...

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 06:00 PM   #13
Anne
Knitting the Flap

I go to Borders often taking my knitting along with me. People play cards in the cafe also. At one time there was a group of women that met there to knit. Anyone could join them. At that time i was not knitting. To bad because i bet they would of taught me plenty. I saw some of the items they were knitting, beautiful sweaters, hats, coats. etc.
Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 01:38 AM   #14
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Victoise, I get what you're saying. I would be very uncomfortable if I thought the guy might be looking to "hook up." Yuck.

You could reply to him and tell him "the slot is filled." That what I used to tell creepy people when I was renting a room in my home. You know, imply that you only have so much time to teach, and you're already booked. I'm sure you could even word it in an honest way, like "I'm not available to teach you, sorry." (Or "available" in any other way! Ick!)

Or, you could tell him you've decided to teach in groups of 3 or more only, and then you'd have other people there to reduce any "personal" vibes.

Definitely I'd stick to a cafe kind of place; anywhere public and comfortable.

Great idea to teach and post to Craigs list! Good luck with that. Let us know how it goes!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:41 AM   #15
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

thank you!
Wow wow wow... just got up this morning and this is the first thing I read. I had a feeling (feelings again yes!) that this would be the place to get some real feedback that would help.

You are all great to take the time to help on this little problem.
I was going to go to a Starbucks or something of course, never in my home... I just am not going to take this fellow on ... I am going to go with my gut feeling. That was good Amy, about the diffeent options of saying NO.

It's true about the PC thing and all that, I hate to do something I really don't want to do because of whatever... Well, when it gets right down to it, if the person had been more polite I would have picked up the phone and talked to him.

THOSE PICTURES ARE BEAUTIFUL! Nice way to start the morning.
Thanks again, ! Vic

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote