Old 02-02-2005, 02:23 AM   #11
yellowness
1st Leg of the Journey

I think a "knitting questions" and a "general knitting/knit-a-long/knitting chatter" would be wonderful.

I agree that *too* many forums would get tiring, and I think having one place special for questions/help and one place for all the rest of the news, updates, stories, project pictures, rants, and successes would be nice. The knit a long idea I think would well fit under a more general forum heading for stories and pictures, and all those things I already listed off.

Whatever you do will of course be fine; it's the people, not the forum form, that makes this worth reading.
yellowness is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-02-2005, 09:21 AM   #12
kdavies
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to kdavies Send a message via Yahoo to kdavies
I agree. Too many forums would be a pain. I like the minimilist idea of just adding a couple more.
kdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:13 PM   #13
Carie
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via MSN to Carie
More forums?
One thing that I like about this site is that it has fewer forums than some other sites. Sometimes I'm looking for something, and who knows what forum it's in. People are not always consistent about where they put topics, and IMHO we should leave this to just a few topics.

Carie
Old 02-02-2005, 10:58 PM   #14
beldaraan
Working the Gusset

Amy, I thought you said this in another post, but maybe I read it somewhere else. Anyway, the idea was to NOT have forums that were divided up too much, especially a forum asking for help. The logic behind the idea was that the "pros" didn't go to those forums as much as others.

Now here is a unique idea for a new forum that I think would be really cool. Make a forum where people with a certain number of posts can post. For example, if you make a forum for people with a hundred posts or more, then I get a forum with just the two of us in it Just kidding! I like to chat to anyone who will talk to me.

Jouf~
There is something to mark new posts read. The icon changes colour after you've read it. Definitely worthwhile finding if it's not automatic.

Oh, btw, Amy, if you ever decide to change the titles for the number of posts we have, can I have a special title called, "The Knitters' Cheerleader"? 8)
beldaraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:06 PM   #15
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

Hmm, good idea.. I wouldn't have thought of the "pros" avoiding a forum asking for help... too many nice people here, but I guess I can see that happening. Nah, I like the K.I.S.S. method... less is more and all that.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:23 PM   #16
amigarabita
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to amigarabita
i really like your idea, amy, of having knitting questions and knit-a-longs separate from general knitting. if people aren't getting their questions answered in a separate forum then you could ask a couple of the regular experienced knitters to help mod for you... but that would probably be down the road. i do want to say about this site, that i love the fact that you can have some trouble with a pattern and someone will pipe up to help out pretty fast.

i think your intuition is right on amy. that's my .02