To DC the fringe...grab yourself a size I crochet hook and make a loop and stick it on the hook. Then do the following:
- yarn over (just like you would in knitting)
- poke the hook through a hole somewhere
- grab the yarn on the other side with the hook
- pull that yarn through (you will have 3 loops on your hook now)
- YO (just like in knitting) and pull that loop that you just made through 2 of the loops on your hook. (it will leave you with 2 loops on the hook)
- YO , pull the loop you just made through the other 2. (you will have one left)
then just yarn over and poke it through another hole. Does that make sense? I'm willing to help if I can. Crochet is one of those things that once you see it done it's like "OH!".