Old 02-07-2005, 06:26 PM   #11
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Originally Posted by foldedbird
Ya know what looks really hot? If you wear mostly all black with one big colored accessory (like a red scarf). It's also great if you're fashion-challenged like me! Black blouse, black pants/skirt, black shoes...red scarf. Easy!
Dudette!!! That's what I do!! I made a scarf out of some Patons Fresco that I found on sale. The picture doesn't do it justice, but the colors are very bright and vibrant. I wear this scarf with black pants, black top, black heel clogs with silver dashes.... fabu ... da'hling ... simply fabu...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	temp_283.jpg
Views:	1583
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	19181  

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-07-2005, 06:30 PM   #12
foldedbird
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to foldedbird Send a message via MSN to foldedbird Send a message via Yahoo to foldedbird
Fabu is definitely better than Snafu!
foldedbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:06 PM   #13
Anne
Knitting the Flap

Victoise, I know it sounds weird using so many colors. The shades i have chosen are in the Lavander group.

The Throw is knitted in length not width. I can try to take a picture of the Throw from the book. Not sure it will turn out however i can try.

Thanks for the instructions. Sounds easy enough. Often times reading instructions from a book dont make any sense to me. I have to be shown.

Your scarf is darling by the way. WTG in posting the picture.

I know where Owosso is. North of me. I live in Royal Oak.
Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:21 PM   #14
Anne
Knitting the Flap

After reading Amy's guides lines on posting pictures i am not able to post the picture. I understand.

The pattern and picture are in a book "The Yarn Girl's Guide to Simple Knits" by Julie Carles and Jordana Jacobs.

www.theyarnco.com
Old 02-08-2005, 01:34 AM   #15
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

OK
Anne, what is the pattern? Went to to the website but don't know whcih pattern... yeah, I did my scarf lengthwise, a first for me. It's pretty cool to knit that way. I actually bought a scarf from my LYS for $50 !!! wow, way too much money, I got overwhelmed by the thing. The owner told me the yarn cost $95 per skein which I believe but it's a darn expensive yarn store no doubt. That scaff was knit lengthwise also. They're interesting. Are you doing a scarf or afghan?

Did you start yet? It's easy! Get going. Vic

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:54 AM   #16
Anne
Knitting the Flap

The darn picture was not in the link i placed on the post. Sorry, thought it might be.

Afghan i would say. The reason i said a Throw is that what it is called in the book.

I bought a scarf at my LYS too. I Paid $45.00. Owner told me it cost her $2.00 to make. Stupid for me to pay that much but i was brand new at knitting then and just had to have that scarf. Never thinking i could knit one myself at that time.

Scarf is assorted colors, big fat chunky yarn. K & P with long fringe.

When i bought it i thought oh boy people will ask me where i got it. HA, not one person has asked. Oh well...
Old 02-08-2005, 02:40 PM   #17
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Victoise, nice scarf and hat! Love it! Yay for you, on posting the pic! Thanks, we love pics!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #18
Anne
Knitting the Flap

I finally got up the nerve to go back to my LYS asking them to SHOW me how to start a new row with a different color.

As usual they virbally told me. I must have looked confused because i was.. :?

One of the instructers told me to sit down. Bless her heart because she took the time to SHOW me how to solve my problem.

Good grief it was easy once i was shown. Not only did she take the time to show me she had me do it 3 times before i left the store.

God Bless an instructor who will take the time to show a beginner how to solve a problem.

Now i have the confidence to start my Throw.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:08 AM   #19
foldedbird
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to foldedbird Send a message via MSN to foldedbird Send a message via Yahoo to foldedbird
Does it ever irritate you when you directly ask someone to show you how to do something and they laugh and tell you how to do it?

Many conversations I've had:

Me: Can you show me how to do ----
Them: Oh it's easy, you just do this this and this
Me: Yeah, I know but could you show me?
Them: Well, maybe you should try doing that that and that
Me: Stomping off in frustration before I strangle someone.

Orrrr, should I start taking prozac? LOL!
foldedbird is offline   Reply With Quote