Old 02-11-2005, 10:20 PM   #1
Ribbing the Cuff
Send a message via MSN to Carie
Convert pattern from circs to straight?
I just bought a lot of a zillion pair of needles on eBay so I don't want to buy any more. But there's a pattern I want to make on sz 11 circs, and guess what my score doesn't include????

Any advice or sites on converting a sweater pattern to straight needles?

I'd rather be knitting
Carie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-21-2005, 02:15 PM   #2
Site Admin
I'd just get a straight pattern to work from. Most sweater patterns are knit straight, so you shouldn't have a hard time finding a good pattern.

If there's a particular stitch pattern you want to incorporate, let us know, and we can help you translate it from circular to straight needles.

Hope that helps,
KnittingHelp Queen Bee

“It is not because things are so difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
— Seneca
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:42 PM   #3
Casting On
converting straight pattern to circular knitting
I need to know the opposite. How do I convert a straight pattern to circular knitting. I am used to using straight needles but have experimented with circulars and think I prefer them for knitting sweaters. It seems to workup faster then doing it with the straight needles. If anyone knows a website or can tell me how to do this let me know.
Knitting4comfort is offline   Reply With Quote