All the stripes were my addition....the one at the bottom of the sleeve, the one at the elbow and the one in the collar. The pattern calls for solid body and solid sleeves. I also added a small stripe at the back bottom too...ended up my front panels were a little bit longer than my back panel so I had to pick up stitches and add some at the bottom to make it long enough to match the front. I sure as heck wasn't going to frog the entire back panel....I had already done it twice because the first try ended up feeling too "small".
Oh, and Amy, I used your little video on the felted join (spit splice) to join all my yarn together in my sweater...sure made it easier...not so many ends to weave in and it worked like a charm! Even used it for my colour changes...hardly noticeable too! So thank you so much!!