Old 03-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #1
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

ISO: Bell sleeve pattern
Hopefuly someone can help!!! Looking for something like this (the sleeve not the actual dress or look... I just want a huge flare sleeve)

http://www.smokydiva.com/Main%20Web/...lPage5492M.htm

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #2
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Hmmm, don't recall any free patterns I've seen like that. Seems like you could work it like a flat circle, though, from the fitted part, out. You know, look for a pattern for a knitted doily or something.

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

There is a pattern for a flared sleeve sweater in the first stitch and bitch book... they are not as flared as these, and they aren't lacy looking either... but that might give you something to start with... I think it's called the To Die For sweater (remember to check the S&B website for corrections!)
Old 03-02-2005, 02:55 AM   #4
MaggieL
Knitting the Flap

I would love to see what you come up with... :D
MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #5
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

Quote:
I would love to see what you come up with
yeah me too! I spent hours last night searching through vintage patterns. I found one for sale that is an entire 1970' magazine for sale... I e-mailed her to see if there was anything like that there
Old 03-02-2005, 12:11 PM   #6
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Actually, that picture looks very much like it might just be gathered at the top of the bell. You know, just knit in a straight tube, from the bottom up, and then decreased dramatically in the last couple rows, to bring it in to arm width. It's knit in a lacey pattern that allows it to be gathered in this way. If it were a more solid-pattern bell, it wouldn't gather in well. The lacey holes make it work.

You could test how well the fabric will gather, just by bunching it together on the needles.

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:44 PM   #7
Yvonne
Turning the Heel

Coincidentally, somebody just posted a link to a pattern with these kinds of sleeves, it's the thread called on a scale of 1-10. I bet it's just what you're looking for.

Yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #8
Yvonne
Turning the Heel

Um, NEVERMIND, it was you Nuno!! :D
(don't mind me)

Yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #9
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

Thanks for thinking of me though!