Old 04-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #21
gardenia
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Holly
Is there a start date for this knit-a-long? I'm still thinking about the mud-flap girl tank, but I'm worried about adding the design -- it will be my first experiment with color All right...I'm also worried about how my twinkie shaped arms will look in the tank!!!

Holly
Hi,

Our original thought was to start May 1st, but I have a confession. I already started my tank. The yarn arrived and I couldn't help it. I was thinking we could run a "summer top knit-a-long." That way, people who didn't want to do a tank could have a bit of sleeves. And we could still share photos and help. Maybe we could do it from now until the end of August. ? Any thoughts?

Is it Friday yet?

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #22
Mer
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by gardenia
Hi,

Our original thought was to start May 1st, but I have a confession. I already started my tank. The yarn arrived and I couldn't help it. I was thinking we could run a "summer top knit-a-long." That way, people who didn't want to do a tank could have a bit of sleeves. And we could still share photos and help. Maybe we could do it from now until the end of August. ? Any thoughts?

Is it Friday yet?
I'm doing one now too--maybe we need to start a new thread? I like the summer top knit along idea. I have plans to knit more tanks and other warm weather tops soon.
Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:10 AM   #23
Holly
Knitting the Flap

OK, I'll confess too...instead of starting the tank after I finished my last project, I started this one:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/khs-prettyPoncho.html

Keep in mind that I swore I would never wear a poncho -- too many bad 70's pics of me in white knee boots and ponchos . However, I just crocheted (sp?) one for the little girl across the street and it is adorable! So....I decided it would be a great garment to have at our camper for those chilly nights around the fire :D

I'm hoping it will work up quick and I will still be able to start a tank by the end of the month. I have to find good yarn for the tank project.

Holly
Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:26 PM   #24
gardenia
1st Leg of the Journey

Keep in mind that I swore I would never wear a poncho -- too many bad 70's pics of me in white knee boots and ponchos .
:rofling: That is soooo funny. We must be about the same age. I had a white, crocheted poncho and red, white & blue crocheted purse (and long, stringly Marsha Brady style hair). Blech!
Old 04-08-2005, 12:19 AM   #25
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
I had a beautiful white poncho that I would kill to have the pattern for. White knee socks and mary janes. Or the white cowgirl hat and boots, my BFF had the same set in red.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #26
Holly
Knitting the Flap

:rofling: There was a time when I would have killed for Marsha Brady style hair!! (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!) It was probably about the time that my Mother decided that we should all have the Mrs. Brady style shag hair cut!! Talk about blech! Greg Brady -- all suited up in the rock star suit -- would never have given me a second thought with a shag cut!!

Now...the white cowgirl hat -- that is styling :D !! I think I have a picture similar to that when my Grandparents brought me to the Grand Ole Opry and I had my picture taken on Billie Jo Spears' lap! Yee Haw!

Holly
Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 05:03 PM   #27
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
I bought my yarn! I'm so excited! They just got the first shipment of Plymouth Fantasy Naturale yesterday. I am so lucky they have exactly what my pattern calls for. I'm a little worried that the finished measurement is 46" and my "finished measurement" (OMG I hope it's finished) is the same. I bought a beautiful lilac color. I really liked the sagey green, but it seemed less summery. So now I have to rush to finish this @*#^$ Moebius that I, a truly great idiot, messed up on, in time for the kal.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 10:11 PM   #28
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

Ok for my sanity I am skipping the Mud Flap girl for now and just going to use Cleo from Knitty as my summer tank. I am still awaiting my yarn to get here... I may have to up my mail man stalking and go to my Mailmans house :rofling:
Old 04-16-2005, 02:51 AM   #29
javede
Knitting the Flap

I'm joining here too!
I'll start another Lelah out of cotton yarn, the mud flap top out of other yarn I've laying around and my sommertop.
Yes, that are three projects and I can't stop myself from beginning new ones
I think the Lelah one will be first cause it's a fast one and next the sommertop that could have been completed looooooooong ago hadn't I miscalculated....
Old 04-16-2005, 08:13 AM   #30
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

Keep in mind that I swore I would never wear a poncho -- too many bad 70's pics of me in white knee boots and ponchos
Do you have any idea how much I would pay for those boots. Curse my mother for throwing out all her clothes!