Old 05-03-2005, 09:19 PM   #41
tinkercat
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to tinkercat Send a message via Yahoo to tinkercat
nice
I love your top! I wish i could make something like that lol. It would not look as good on me as it does on you lol. GOOD JOB!!

My MySpace>
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=62554374
My Blog>
http://mycraftylife.blogspot.com/
tinkercat is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-04-2005, 08:07 AM   #42
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
Originally Posted by Mer
Here's my Lelah! I think it qualifies for the tank KAL, it's just strapless! I'm pretty happy with it. Now on to my next tank top! :XX:
Love it! When I originally saw that pattern, I thought the bottom part looked too flared for me, but it looks awesome on you! If you don't mind, could you share what type of yarn you used and if you made any modifications? If I know it is going to look like that, I am all over it! Thanks! :D
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:36 AM   #43
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
Mer, that Lelah is beautiful! Nice work. My final is this afternoon, then I throw myself into knitting for days, I won't even surface for food and then maybe my tank will fit me when I'm done!
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:34 AM   #44
Mer
Working the Gusset

Aww, thanks everyone! I just used Caron Simply Soft yarn--I wasn't sure if I was going to like the top so I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money. It's pretty comfy, just a little warm. But only about $3 for the whole top!

And I didn't feel like recalculating sizes, so I used her numbers for the medium size and knit it on smaller needles (size 7 I think) to scale it down a bit, since I figured I'd be a size small. That way the top part wasn't so see-through either since it was a tighter gauge. I'm quite surprised as to how well it fits! Now I need to find an occasion to wear it, guess it's not really work appropriate.
Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #45
tinkercat
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to tinkercat Send a message via Yahoo to tinkercat
hi
to make it work to wear it any place would be a jacket, or a shrug type thing i have seen where your arms go in it and covers the back i forget what they are called but i think a jacket with that top would be GREAT!
:XX:

My MySpace>
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=62554374
My Blog>
http://mycraftylife.blogspot.com/
tinkercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #46
brookenic
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to brookenic Send a message via Yahoo to brookenic
Mer, That is beautiful!
Old 05-04-2005, 11:32 PM   #47
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

Wow Mer!!!! EXCELLENT job! I love the pattern at the bottom, nie and open, but still modest. And the ribbon adds just the right amount of "flirt" in there. WTG!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #48
Mer
Working the Gusset

You all are too nice! That top was my first lace attempt too--it wasn't too bad! I had to start over a few times and actually keep track of where I was in the pattern (I tend to lose my place easily ), but it wasn't really that hard.

My yarn girl tank is coming along, but I really wish I had converted the pattern to do in the round. I hate stockinette flat! I do like the way the yarn is working out though--I'm using Patons Fresco in Ocean. Pretty! I got it cheap through ebay.
Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 11:13 PM   #49
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
I'm almost up to the armholes on mine. I tried to find a pic of it to post, but Family Circle doesn't seem to get the idea of posting pics of their projects on their website. Having a place to order back issues does not do it for me. I'm not buying a mag unless I have significant incentive, no way I'm buying sight unseen.

So, I will try to get the digicam operating and post my pic. I am all about following directions (and rules), so I am starting to worry about having done this on a circ instead of making a front and back as the pattern said. Oh well, time enough for a nervous breakdown tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:45 PM   #50
gardenia
1st Leg of the Journey

Mer, I agree with everyone else -- that top is beautiful! I haven't tried lace yet, but now I feel motivated.

I finally took a photo of my progress on the chickami tank. This is the first thing I've ever made for myself, so I hope it turns out well. It is also my first item bigger/more complicated than a hat or scarf. :rollseyes:

I plan to knit another tank after this one, especially since I cheated and started early on this one. I'm thinking about doing Soleil from knitty. Orrrrr, I saw this tank in my favorite LYS. It was beautiful, and the employee who knitted it said it wasn't too difficult. It's in Lana Grossa's Filati 29. LYS will e-mail me when they get more copies in. Hmmm...which one should I try?

Hope everyone else is having fun.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	chickami_002_small.jpg
Views:	1487
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	19838