Old 03-17-2005, 03:55 PM   #1
Nannie Sue
Casting On

knit baby blanket
Hi,
I saw a baby blanket recently with very large stiches and very big yarn not your average size yarn at all. It was very soft looking and stretchy. I didn't know the person and couldn't ask questions although now I wish I had. Any ideas on what kind of yarn it may have been, I can assume a larger needle but I have never seen yarn that big. :thinking:
Nannie Sue is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-23-2005, 03:28 PM   #2
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Nannie Sue,

It sounds like some kind of bulky, or super-bulky yarn. I'd ask someone at your local yarn shop.

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
Nannie Sue
Casting On

The yarn shop in my area doesn't have any bulky or super bulky like the blanket I saw. There is a Michael's in my area I will check there if not I have to order something online and hope its the one, it was very pretty and again very large stitches but also a very chunky yarn. Thanks for suggestion
I love this site
Old 03-23-2005, 05:59 PM   #4
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

There's a free baby blanket pattern at Coats & Clark with large stitches, which uses Baby Clouds yarn. It looks really soft and stretchy to me.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/fun_and...mag/lw1417.htm
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:29 AM   #5
Nannie Sue
Casting On

That could be the yarn, but the pattern is different. There are no visible holes this was a close knit stitch and what I could see was some garter stitch and some knit stitch. I'm going to possibly see the woman this weekend and I'm asking. Thanks for the help though, I will keep the site in case thats the yarn.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:31 AM   #6
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Let us know if you find out. My curiosity is now piqued. :D
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:49 AM   #7
Nannie Sue
Casting On

If she has the blanket with her I will take a picture.