Old 03-23-2005, 11:31 PM   #21
perced
1st Leg of the Journey

I could not get this to work with two colors.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-23-2005, 11:51 PM   #22
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
:thinking: Are you sure it's two colors and not the yarn itself or the lighting of the picture?
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:59 AM   #23
perced
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Sara
:thinking: Are you sure it's two colors and not the yarn itself or the lighting of the picture?
From the instructions I can tell it is a two color pattern. It uses A & B for the colors.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:09 AM   #24
perced
1st Leg of the Journey

I am sooo embarassed. I found the pattern in one of my books. A book that I had been looking in the same day I found the pattern on the web. It is in Big book of knitting stitch patterns. A search with the name of the stitch also came up with it being in the lastest interweave magazine. I don't know when I will get a change to knit a sample as I have lots to do and am coming down with my sons awful cold. The patterns aren't copyrighted, but the pics are. Here is it.

Two-Color brioche rib

Work with an uneven number of stitches on dpns or circular needles

Row 1: With color A, K2, * P1, K1 repeat from * to * *, ending P1, K2.
Turn Work.

Row 2: With color A K1, * work double P st as follows: insert needle from back into stitch just below next st, P1, drop unworked st above from left needle, K1 *; repeat form * to * Turn work.

Row 3: With color B, K2 * double p st, K1 *, repeat from * to * ending double P st, K2. Do not turn work.

Row 4: Start at begining of last row with color A, K1, * work double K st as follows: insert needle from front into stitch just below next stitch ans K 1, drop unworked st, P1 *; repeat from * to *, ending double K st, K1. Turn work.

Row 5:
with color B, K1, P1, * double K st, P1 *, repeat from * to *, ending K last st. Do not turn work. Begin next row at start of one just worked. Repeat Rows 2 through 5 for pattern.