Old 03-22-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
Nicoley
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Nicoley Send a message via MSN to Nicoley Send a message via Yahoo to Nicoley
Baby Bib Help Needed Please
Hi!.... im makeing a baby bib for my little neice... I dont want my sister to know about it yet becuase its a gift... my question is.... how long should i make the neck thingy (to attach it) my neice is 6 months old and a little piggly wiggly i dont want it to be to small... but i dont live close enough to mesure.... any thoughts? .... please / thank you
Nicoley is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-23-2005, 11:21 AM   #2
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Re: Baby Bib Help Needed Please
Originally Posted by Nicoley
Hi!.... im makeing a baby bib for my little neice... I dont want my sister to know about it yet becuase its a gift... my question is.... how long should i make the neck thingy (to attach it) my neice is 6 months old and a little piggly wiggly i dont want it to be to small... but i dont live close enough to mesure.... any thoughts? .... please / thank you
Maybe ask your sister what size T-shirt baby wears because you "saw some on sale" and want want to pick up a few for baby. You can then go out and take some measurements as to where you want the bib to fall on a T-shirt you know is her size.

Just a thought ...

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 11:47 AM   #3
Nicoley
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Nicoley Send a message via MSN to Nicoley Send a message via Yahoo to Nicoley
Re: Baby Bib Help Needed Please
Originally Posted by ekgheiy
Originally Posted by Nicoley
Maybe ask your sister what size T-shirt baby wears because you "saw some on sale" and want want to pick up a few for baby. You can then go out and take some measurements as to where you want the bib to fall on a T-shirt you know is her size.

Just a thought ...

thats a good plan... i think i have some new baby shirts here that my sister left here... thank you!... :D
Old 03-23-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
beldaraan
Working the Gusset

How are you making the "neckline" Nicoley? You could make it expandable by putting buttons, snaps, or velcro on the two end pieces hence making it last a lot longer. I'm partial to snaps or velcro myself.

If it's more like a mini shirt (ie. one that covers the shoulders, back, and entire front for the more adventurous eaters...) then putting a slit at one of the shoulders with some buttons or snaps would work out fine.
beldaraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:37 PM   #5
Nicoley
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by beldaraan
How are you making the "neckline" Nicoley? You could make it expandable by putting buttons, snaps, or velcro on the two end pieces hence making it last a lot longer. I'm partial to snaps or velcro myself.

If it's more like a mini shirt (ie. one that covers the shoulders, back, and entire front for the more adventurous eaters...) then putting a slit at one of the shoulders with some buttons or snaps would work out fine.
this is what i have so far... its one that comes around and it will have a few button holes.... and one button on the other side
Old 03-23-2005, 04:22 PM   #6
beldaraan
Working the Gusset

I would recommend putting the button holes in the neck piece and one button on the corner of the bib. The less buttons the better.

I measured my son's neck (21 months) and the circumference was 10 inches. A baby's wouldn't be much less, but you could put a few holes in that are an inch apart.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:01 PM   #7
Nicoley
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by beldaraan
I would recommend putting the button holes in the neck piece and one button on the corner of the bib. The less buttons the better.

I measured my son's neck (21 months) and the circumference was 10 inches. A baby's wouldn't be much less, but you could put a few holes in that are an inch apart.

thats the way i was doing it.... i didnt think of the more than one button hole... good plan though... thats what i will do!... and thank you so much for the sizeing!! YOU RULE!! lol thank you =o) *hugs*
Old 03-23-2005, 05:27 PM   #8
beldaraan
Working the Gusset

Not a problem!! By the way, nice colours. Did you use fair isle or intarsia to do the "K"?