Old 03-23-2005, 08:33 PM   #1
Anne
Knitting the Flap

I am furious!!!!!!
:crying:

Some of you gals will remember that i took my Yarn to a lady who agreed to Knit my Throw. We agreed on a price. I took the yarn to her last week. She looked at the yarn drooling over it, saying how lovely it was....

I wasn't home an hour when she called to tell me how much i had spent!!! I left the tags on with the price of each yarn not thinking anything about it.

WELL, she raised the price to knit it.... I told her NO. Okay she will still knit it at the agreed FIRST PRICE.

Two days later i get another call. She doesnt want to knit it. I should take all the yarn back to my LYS as i paid way to much for it and besides this is not the correct yarn for the Throw...

Excuse me i purchased the yarn according to the pattern i told her. OH YOU DID SHE REPLIED? CAN SHE NOT READ THE PATTERN?

I told her to forget it. I will pick it up today... she agreed... I went this afternoon to pick it up. The yarn was sitting on the floor in the same bag i took it in... I looked in the bag and noticed some of yarn was dishevelled.

What happened to my yarn i ask her? "OH I TOOK IT TO ONE OF MY FRIENDS HOUSE SO SHE COULD LOOK AT IT, BUT I TOLD HER NOT TO TOUCH IT"!!!! I WANTED HER TO SEE HOW BEAUTIFUL IT WAS... HUH?

I removed all the yarn to straighten it out plus counted it to make sure it was all there... I picked up the bag telling her goodbye when she said "oh Anne i will be glad to teach you how to knit it"!!

NO THANK YOU AND WALKED TO MY CAR..

I have no idea what this lady wanted from me... MORE MONEY I GUESS.
Anne is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-23-2005, 08:43 PM   #2
beldaraan
Working the Gusset

:(
Aww, sounds like a rough time with her. Well, at least she's not the only knitter in the world that could do the blanket for you Anne. She didn't sound very responsible. Good riddance, especially BEFORE she could do anything else to your yarn for your wonderful blanket.

/hugs
beldaraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:53 PM   #3
Anne
Knitting the Flap

Beld, thanks for the kind words and the hug. hugs to you too!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:14 PM   #4
ChroniclesofYarnia
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to ChroniclesofYarnia
WOW I am truly amazed at what some people consider acceptable behavior. I am glad you got all of your yarn back...and I am sure that we could help you learn how to knit.

No, I am not ashamed that I have a major crush on a man who dressed in tights and made faces for most of the 80's, and now plays a crippled drug addicted doctor...and is almost the same age as my father.
ChroniclesofYarnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:07 AM   #5
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
Wow, that was bad behavior on her part. You handled yourself quite well. Good job. I'm sorry this happened. You really could try to do it. My first crochet project was an afghan. Just think of it as a really big scarf. If you're going to Nantucket for the summer, maybe you could arrange for lessons there. I know you want it done now and you want it done right, but good Knittinghelp is hard to find, no? (I'm sure there's a t-shirt slogan in there somewhere...) Hugs to you. Keep trying. Something will work out.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:32 AM   #6
Anne
Knitting the Flap

Thanks Yarnmommy and Sara. Everything happens for a reason they say so i guess what happened is a good thing..

I wonder if anyone teaches Knitting on Nantucket? I will look into that. Thanks for the idea
Old 03-24-2005, 12:46 AM   #7
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

where in the this person's realm of reality is this appropriate? talk about socially inept!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:02 AM   #8
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Re: I am furious!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Anne
:crying:

Some of you gals will remember that i took my Yarn to a lady who agreed to Knit my Throw. We agreed on a price. I took the yarn to her last week. She looked at the yarn drooling over it, saying how lovely it was....

I wasn't home an hour when she called to tell me how much i had spent!!! I left the tags on with the price of each yarn not thinking anything about it.

WELL, she raised the price to knit it.... I told her NO. Okay she will still knit it at the agreed FIRST PRICE.

Two days later i get another call. She doesnt want to knit it. I should take all the yarn back to my LYS as i paid way to much for it and besides this is not the correct yarn for the Throw...

Excuse me i purchased the yarn according to the pattern i told her. OH YOU DID SHE REPLIED? CAN SHE NOT READ THE PATTERN?

I told her to forget it. I will pick it up today... she agreed... I went this afternoon to pick it up. The yarn was sitting on the floor in the same bag i took it in... I looked in the bag and noticed some of yarn was dishevelled.

What happened to my yarn i ask her? "OH I TOOK IT TO ONE OF MY FRIENDS HOUSE SO SHE COULD LOOK AT IT, BUT I TOLD HER NOT TO TOUCH IT"!!!! I WANTED HER TO SEE HOW BEAUTIFUL IT WAS... HUH?

I removed all the yarn to straighten it out plus counted it to make sure it was all there... I picked up the bag telling her goodbye when she said "oh Anne i will be glad to teach you how to knit it"!!

NO THANK YOU AND WALKED TO MY CAR..

I have no idea what this lady wanted from me... MORE MONEY I GUESS.

Wow! What a b!t<h!! You handled it a LOT better than I would have. Good for you! Maybe she raised a stink because after really sitting down with the pattern, she realized it was beyond her skills. Rather than owning up and gracefully telling you that project was harder than she expected, she chose this rude route. Just a thought

What was the pattern again, Anne??

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 03:15 PM   #9
Anne
Knitting the Flap

purchased 20 different yarns of varying shades and textures to make a Throw.

These are the instructions.

cast on 150 stitches using #11 32 inch cir needles. All garter stitch using a new yarn for each row.

I also have to leave 4"-6" ends at the beginning and end of each row. These will be used as part of my fringe.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:40 PM   #10
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
What is keeping you from doing this project? Your profile says that you knit. Is it because it's big? Is it because you're not sure how to start each new yarn? Is it the circular needle that throws you off? Do you mind if I psychoanalyze you? No? Good. I have to say that the pattern is very easy. You only have to do garter stitch. Maybe you should try to cast on the first color and if you can't figure out the second row, take it to a LYS and ask them to show you. You can make it to my house in something like ten hours and I'll help you. Confront your fears...breathe in....breathe out...you are not alone with your yarn...hummm....hummm...
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote