Old 04-25-2005, 12:28 PM   #21
mascarasnake
1st Leg of the Journey

my parents have been in town visiting, so I haven't been good about posting, but I did get side one done this weekend! thanks to jessmoor for explaining the possible error regarding the length in the repeated loop stitch rows--I didn't want mine long, either! I'm on side two, and really liking how it's turning out. I'll post a pic after I take the folks to the airport. How about the rest of you?
mascarasnake is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-26-2005, 07:04 PM   #22
mascarasnake
1st Leg of the Journey

As promised, here is side one!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	poncho_199.jpg
Views:	2241
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	19692  
Old 04-27-2005, 07:21 AM   #23
HeatherFeather
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherFeather
I am quitting my job today....soooo my yarn budget is in the toilet now. I am thinking that an "I will knit for yarn" button might be appropriate.

I do love this pattern...and this will be my poncho pattern!!!

HeatherFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:54 AM   #24
jessmoor
Ribbing the Cuff

Side one is done! I'll post some pics whenever I can get around to getting my camera fixed... I'm halfway done with side 2 (zooming along with the big needles and yarn!). The part I am wondering about is the hood - the picture doesn't show how big it is, and I want it BIG I can't decide how wide of loop stitch to do on the hood either, because I think it'll look good, but I don't want it to be too exaggerated - but if I don't do the full 3 inches of loop stitch, then maybe I'll have to add rows after that so the hood doesn't turn out smaller :thinking: . Mascarasnake, keep up the great pics - yours is looking awesome (love the yarn :D )!

Knitters Geek Code
KCR++ Exp SPM+ Metal+ Wood+ WoodCirc+++ Nov++* Stash+ Scale Fin>+ Ent? FI? Int? Tex?>+ Lace+ Flat Circ>++ ML?>++ FO5 WIP3 ALT=Em+
jessmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:05 PM   #25
mascarasnake
1st Leg of the Journey

Jessmoor--I'm done with side two and working on the hood now. I was waivering about the three inches of loop stitch as well. I'm not a real fluffy girl, and I was afriad that 3 inches of loop would look silly around my face. However, once I started knitting it, I realized that 3 inches isn't too much. Plus, I've made my loops a little smaller. If you decide to forgo the loop stitch, I would recomend doing garter in its place--that way you have the added row, and a bit of extra heft around your face so it doesn't just blow off! As far as BIG, do you mean long, like you want it to come down far on your forhead, or wide, like a big Druid's hood? It seams up along the cast of edge, so I assume that to do wider, you'd add rows, whereas to go longer, you would add width...I think. I'll let you know how big mine is coming out after I get into it more--and I'll post a pic for reference.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:09 PM   #26
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
What technique are you using for the loop st?
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:30 PM   #27
mascarasnake
1st Leg of the Journey

The instructions for loop stitch that came with the pattern were difficult to understand, so like jessmoor, I watched Amy's video and I do it like that! I knit one stitch without pulling off the needles, bring the yarn forward, wrap it around my thumb, knit into the stitch I just created, and then pass the previous stitch over. But I thin kit makes more sense when you watch Amy's video . That Amy...

Did you ever get back to your bathroom rug?
Old 04-29-2005, 03:46 PM   #28
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Ha ha! No.

That's why I asked. I dont seem to have fingers long enough, or something, to insert the needle back into the st while that loop is around my thumb! Im a FREAK, I tell you!

I was looking for other techniques....

Amy and her long fingers ARE MOST FABULOUS!
Old 04-29-2005, 04:34 PM   #29
mascarasnake
1st Leg of the Journey

Boy, I wish I could just sit down with you, because showing you would be so much easier! I often let go of the loop and just kind of pinch it between my fingers or let it hang out while I knit the stitch. Come to thinkof it, I don't think I ever actually still have the loop around my thumb while I knit the stitch. Have you tried other people's instructions besides Amy's? There are several ways of doing it, I believe... Just keep trying!
Old 04-29-2005, 09:09 PM   #30
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Well, COME ON OVER! According to my map, Portland is only, like, 8.2 inches away from Chicago!!!