Old 04-08-2005, 11:38 PM   #11
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

Originally Posted by KellyK
There are not enough patterns for AMPLE sized women. ESPECIALLY ones that are not big boxes. I DO have a waistline, you know!
AMEN SISTA!!!!!!!! Have you seen this thread posted by yours truly back in February? I have found some other resources... and i DO have a BBW sweater booklet (KK i'll let you borrow it when we get together!). I hate the boxy look too, and I hate the mumu look even more, and the tent look most of all

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-09-2005, 12:10 AM   #12
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
See....that's the thing. What about SBW with Football player shoulders? IM A FREAK, I SWEAR! :(
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 01:01 AM   #13
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

nah you're not a freak... just "special"
Old 04-09-2005, 10:02 AM   #14
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #15
tinkercat
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to tinkercat Send a message via Yahoo to tinkercat
I have to agree
More Plus sizr would be Great! I find patterns i LOVE, but they are not in my size! I think there should be more cool patterns for plus size up to a size 4x I think, but thats me. I love tank tops i do not care how big i am i love them , and turtlenecks , and hoodies, there are a lot of cool things i would love to see in plus.

Vanessa

My MySpace>
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=62554374
My Blog>
http://mycraftylife.blogspot.com/
tinkercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:21 PM   #16
cheesiesmom
Turning the Heel

Quote:
More Plus sizr would be Great! I find patterns i LOVE, but they are not in my size! I think there should be more cool patterns for plus size up to a size 4x I think, but thats me. I love tank tops i do not care how big i am i love them , and turtlenecks , and hoodies, there are a lot of cool things i would love to see in plus.
Let's hear it for tinkercat!! I totally agree. Retailers seem to think anyone over a size 16 doesn't exist. I have money and I spend!!!
cheesiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:33 AM   #17
jessmoor
Ribbing the Cuff

unusual things
The thing that really got me back into knitting was finding the prospect of making clothes for myself that I can't find in any store, anywhere. I'm just not motivated to make clothes that I can easily find in a store (I doubt I'll ever make socks, unless they're gifts). I have unusual style preferences that I'd like to put into practice more! I really like medieval dresses, the super-old fashioned look of tight vests over loose shirts, wearing short skirts over pants (or shawls tied around my waist)... to name a few examples. But most of the time I just wear plain t-shirts and pants because that's all I have!

Anyway... I'd love to see more patterns for unusual, creative things that are NOT mainstream (specifically, I recently fell in love with a floor-length, fitted, vest-like thing made of a cool gold mesh material that I saw in a Stargate episode, that was worn over tight pants -- like I'd ever find anything like THAT in a store :rollseyes: )

Knitters Geek Code
KCR++ Exp SPM+ Metal+ Wood+ WoodCirc+++ Nov++* Stash+ Scale Fin>+ Ent? FI? Int? Tex?>+ Lace+ Flat Circ>++ ML?>++ FO5 WIP3 ALT=Em+
jessmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:05 AM   #18
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

I, too, am a beautiful, able, ample woman that would love to see lovely patterns that r easy, too, I'm afraid that I've not yet made my 1st garment...but I'm a fast learner...so I want to see very now, very cool, very sexy, tho covered for our loveable, voluptuous selves!!!
I just bought plus size knits...nice book, but many of their plus sizes are 1x...paalease!! yes..next summer i will be back to my normal fighting/limping weight...but it ain't ever gonna be anything but amply, voluputuously ample....(how'd that sound, girls?! )
And...altho...it's on the internet, I'm sorry, but I've not yet understood it...and I the look, and that's entrelac...I want to learn entrelac
Okay...I think I put my 2 cents (and many, many more it) worth in the conversation
later

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:20 AM   #19
tinkercat
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to tinkercat Send a message via Yahoo to tinkercat
plus size...
I too bought a plus size book and your right 1x and 2x are the plus size...what about 3x 4x.....for the bigger girls! I like 3x because i do not like anything tight on me! I wear a 2x in all my cloths and sometimes depending on the way made 1x. But PLEASE!! I have a yarn store about 45 min from me that the owner has told me if i need help converting into a larger size she will help me !!! So i am looking for the right thing so i can make me something cool!

My MySpace>
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=62554374
My Blog>
http://mycraftylife.blogspot.com/
tinkercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:32 PM   #20
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

Quote:
I have unusual style preferences that I'd like to put into practice more! I really like medieval dresses, the super-old fashioned look of tight vests over loose shirts, wearing short skirts over pants (or shawls tied around my waist)... to name a few examples.
Jess, I found a great pattern in this knitting magazine (?? I can't even remember which one, I'm pathetic ) for a vest that you do in 3 pieces, w/no finishing... the front and sides are tied w/ribbon like a corset... I don't think it was in a plus size, but it shouldn't be that hard to modify... Let me look for it and see if there's a version online for ya...

As far as what I'd like to see more of... Maternity patterns - also in plus sizes- I've been drying out my eyeballs trying to find something for my sister, and all I've found assumes a skinny woman got pregnant, not one who's already had 3 kids and thought for sure she was done and gave away all her clothes... LMAO but I digress...

I'd also love to see more stuff for men... if it's not a cable knit sweater (or sweater vest) it's just not available. My husband has a rather trendy style, and all the sweaters I've asked him about he turned up his nose at... plus I'd like to see some men's pants, loungers, boxers, etc... If I don't find something soon, he may be getting a warmer for Xmas!

So I found that pattern, it's the "laced peplum vest" from creative knitting magazine, but they don't post the patterns on their website grrr you can at least check out the picture...http://creativeknittingmagazine.com/...ils.php?_id=28
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote