Old 04-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #11
oshnpashn
1st Leg of the Journey

Well, sorry for some bad news. I already looked at Amazon for the paperback version of the book.....It's not available until November!!!! I almost cried when I found this out a few weeks ago. I want the book so badly. Maybe I'll have to try the library.
oshnpashn is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-05-2005, 07:19 PM   #12
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Originally Posted by DotMom61
Well, I guess I ought to close this note out so that Kelly can have a chance to say something!

(hee ha ha ... snicker ... snort) :rofling: I'm so funny
HA. :|

I looked through the rug book at my LYS today & LOVE LOVE LOVE the loop st bath rug......I have so many projects on my list that I might be able to wait until November to get the paperback version....
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #13
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Originally Posted by KellyK
Hey, Julie! How do you like that book? Are there any loopy bath rugs in it? If so, Do you have a way to scan or take a pic & pm me with it? Ive been trying to decide whether or not to buy that book from Amazon, but I REALLY WISH they would let you see pics of all the patterns. NONE of my local book stores have it in stock....etc etc etc blah blah blah!
OK, Kelly -- I know you're in Cancun and that this post is 2 months old, but I just ran across a method and yarns in Interweave Knits that I think would make a really cool bathrug. Check out this pattern. It's actually for a bath mitt -- which also looks really nice -- but if you read through the section on how to weave the "pigtail" cotton in with the knit cotton, it sounds to me like it would make a really nice plushy (although not loopy) bath rug!

Did you ever get the Knitted Rugs book?? Did you try the loopy bath rug?

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:49 PM   #14
Soxy
Ribbing the Cuff

Julie did you get the answer to your question about the last 3 sts. That book may not have been clear but what you do is the normal double dec that you have been doing since the first row.

I'm working on a sweater in this type of knitting and have made an afghan, vest, jacket and hats using it. I like it a lot. I do diagnol rows rather than seperate squares. Lots less ends to work in.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?islandknitter
Soxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:38 PM   #15
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Originally Posted by Soxy
Julie did you get the answer to your question about the last 3 sts. That book may not have been clear but what you do is the normal double dec that you have been doing since the first row.

I'm working on a sweater in this type of knitting and have made an afghan, vest, jacket and hats using it. I like it a lot. I do diagnol rows rather than seperate squares. Lots less ends to work in.
Soxy --

Thank you, and I did figure it out eventually. It's been so long, I don't remember exactly what happened, but I basically ended up counting wrong. I've knit a couple of the squares now, but I lost my motivation for this and started working on a sweater & a few other things instead. I'll get back to it eventually.

Thanks for asking, though!!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote