Old 04-05-2005, 11:39 AM   #11
milindoe
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to milindoe Send a message via MSN to milindoe Send a message via Yahoo to milindoe
I think my problem is (okay, THIS specific problem, among many others) that I'm a visual learner. I can't learn something new from a book that involves multiple steps.

The videos were just the ticket!
milindoe is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-05-2005, 03:14 PM   #12
soolina
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to soolina
Addicted too!
Originally Posted by milindoe
Can't believe how quickly I've become an addict...
When I was 13 I learned to knit with yarn in my right hand. I did knit a few small things during my teen years, but I never liked it that much at that time. Later I learned to crochet where I learned to hold the yarn in my left hand. When I went back to knitting, it seemed easy to stay with yarn in my left hand. However I never really learned how to knit continentally. I was still wrapping yarn around the needles. Never did knit much that way though.

Just recently I've begun knitting prayer shawls for people who would benefit from them. At first I began knitting my previous method which wasn't working as well as I wanted. I read stuff all over the internet and fortunately stumbled upon Amy's website--here. I watched the videos and was amazed at how much I learned. The videos make things so clear; much more so that reading directions and looking at illustrations. Knitting suddenly became easier and more fun.

Now I'm addicted. I'm a real continental knitter now. I can hardly stay away from knitting long enough to do anything else!!!! I look at yarn in stores and on the internet and I want to buy it ALL! There are tons of internet yarn stores I've bookmarked to check new yarn sales. I watch the local newspaper for sales on yarn in stores around town.

Well after a while of watching many of Amy's videos, I decided I couldn't live without the CD so I bought it. All of this work she did definitely deserves some financial support and now I can watch the CD videos from "home".

So I understand completely the addiction. I can't understand how I ever got along without knitting....
soolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:06 PM   #13
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Quote:
I think my problem is (okay, THIS specific problem, among many others) that I'm a visual learner. I can't learn something new from a book that involves multiple steps.
Milindoe, I can so relate. I can pick up just about anything which someone shows me, but give me an instruction booklet, and it might as well be written in a foreign language. Honestly, I don't know how I ever got through school! I think I must have just memorized everything.

When I found Amy's video's; overnight, I went from a frustrated wannabe knitter, to someone who actually knits! I'm still very much a newbie and struggling, but that is only because I don't understand what patterns are telling me to do most of the time. I bought Amy's videos on CD, too, which has helped a bunch. It's easy to go straight to the video I want to see over and over and over and ....well, you get the picture.
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote