Old 04-19-2005, 11:24 AM   #1
jennii
Casting On

circular knitting
hello! i am a new knitter and would like to start a very simple afghan. the instructions say to use a circular needle. my question is when doing something flat do you just keep going back and forth like you do with straight needles? thanks.
jennii is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-19-2005, 11:33 AM   #2
JessicaSant
1st Leg of the Journey

yeah -- you just keep flipping the needles over, just like you would on straight needles.

The main advantage of doing wide pieces on a circular needle is that you don't need 2 REALLY LONG straight needles, you just need 1 kinda-long circular needle and the work rests on the big wire in the middle.

Does that make sense?

Good luck!

(PS -- be warned: once you start using circulars, you'll get addicted. I don't buy straight needles anymore)
JessicaSant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:04 PM   #3
jennii
Casting On

:D thanks!
jennii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:13 PM   #4
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
yup yup...i learned how to knit on circs and i love them. i haven't done any knitting in the round yet...just flat. i do have some flex shaft needles and i like them too because the shaft is the same size but what i like about the circs is that when i drop one i don't have to figure out where it rolled off to...