Old 04-28-2005, 03:31 PM   #11
MaggieL
Knitting the Flap

I just bought mine yesterday from Michael's with the 40% coupon. Yeaaaaaa
MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-28-2005, 03:35 PM   #12
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Yay YAY YAY for you!!!!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:38 PM   #13
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
My Michaels doesnt carry the Boyes. Otherwise, Id buy 2 sets, mostly to have those smaller sizes to knit socks on 2 circs.

AND, if I have several projects going at once, Id have needles for EVERYTHING!!!

BWAAA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #14
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

U toooo and way too smarrtt!!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:43 AM   #15
benniesma
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to benniesma
I love my Boyes! I have never knit with the plastic, but I just love the feel of the aluminum. And the pretty colors help me tell the different sizes.

I was just at Hobby Lobby were I saw they have the individual pieces to the Boye's interchangeable. So you can buy extra needles and cables in different sizes too. I plan on getting another 21 inch cable for sure. And depending on what size needles I use most, I'll probably add another set of those! Then I can have LOTS of projects going all at once!

Unfortunately Hobby Lobby doesn't do those great 40% coupons that I now about. But DH got mine on eBay for about $40 including shipping. Brand new set.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #16
Jazzmatazz
1st Leg of the Journey

There was a 40% coupon for HL in yesterday's paper, so maybe they've caught on to that great idea...
Old 01-09-2006, 08:59 AM   #17
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Jazz, Im SO glad you bumped this thread....because I really should update everyone on the problem with the Denise cords snapping at the cord tips....

I have had this happen to me THREE times now. With my last return for a replacement, I enclosed a note stating that it was the third time this happened.

WELL....in Saturday's mail, I received a WHOLE SET OF REPLACEMENT CORDS along with a note that said they have improved the process for making the cords....a whole explanation of that process, and an apology.

What AWESOME customer service!!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:07 AM   #18
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
I love my Denise's. They are wonderful! I'm thinking that if the planets ever align and I get to a store that has them when I have a coupon, I will buy a set of Boye's. If I don't like them, I can always trade them here.

Why would I need two sets of interchangeables? Because I am so promiscuous with my projects that I actually have all my cords in use at once and I have other things I'd like to put on the needles.

I bought my Denise at my LYS and if a piece breaks, I can get a replacement from the LYS rather than having to mail it to the company. They are guaranteed for any damage except pet chewing. Apparently, my LYS has a distributor license with the company (or some business term, whatever, they're official ).
Old 01-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #19
Carol_OH
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by amy
Remember the Denise needle tips are shorter. Picture here. Some people like longer needles to hold onto; I know Meg Swansen feels this way, as did EZ. But this shortness may be worth it, if you don't mind changing the way you hole the needles a bit, since it gives you a 16" needle length, whereas the shortest Boye is 20" because of the longer tips. If you've ever used a 16" circular needle of any kind, it would have had shorter tips, similar to the Denise, to give you an idea of how that would feel to knit with.
but they're not as short as Addis!

I'm selwynne on ravelry
Carol_OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:26 PM   #20
Carol_OH
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by KellyK
Jazz, Im SO glad you bumped this thread....because I really should update everyone on the problem with the Denise cords snapping at the cord tips....

I have had this happen to me THREE times now. With my last return for a replacement, I enclosed a note stating that it was the third time this happened.

WELL....in Saturday's mail, I received a WHOLE SET OF REPLACEMENT CORDS along with a note that said they have improved the process for making the cords....a whole explanation of that process, and an apology.

What AWESOME customer service!!
cool! My cord just snapped the other night, but I know it was my fault - I knit WAYYYYY too tightly and pushed down my knitting on the cord - oops!

I'm selwynne on ravelry
Carol_OH is offline   Reply With Quote