Old 05-01-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

Can someone give me a kick in the booty?
I tried to start my summer tank (Cleo from Knitty) but I think I was a little more ambitious than my skill level :rollseyes: so now I am just intimidated and procrastinate on knitting... I haven't touched it in 3 days.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-01-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
Egeria
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to Egeria Send a message via Yahoo to Egeria
You don't need a kick for that! We all have to lay projects down for some reason or another. It's nothing to be ashamed or guilty for!

You'll pick it up again (whether its a week or a month from now) with renewed confidence, I'm sure of it!
Old 05-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #3
Silver
Instepping Out

Don't EVER knit something if you don't want to. Period. Knitting should be pleasureable, not a chore!!

Scrap it and pick something else. Later, when you're feeling more confident, maybe you'll want to try again.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:01 PM   #4
Kilgore_Trout
Ribbing the Cuff

When starting a new and intimidating project, I like to do a bit of practicing first. I have just a cheap ball of yarn from woolworths that I use to practice new techniques and tricks before I actually do them on a real project. This saves the time of backing up and figuring out how to do it when you go along, although thats not always bad either! Practice makes perfect! or atleast gets you closer...
Kilgore_Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:44 PM   #5
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Egeria
You don't need a kick for that! We all have to lay projects down for some reason or another. It's nothing to be ashamed or guilty for!
Actually I do. It is my personality. If I have something to do that I am putting off for whatever reason and I put it off long enough I'll quit. And not just the project... I'll quit knitting all together. I know that I just need to get remotivated (by threat og bodily injury most times :rofling: )
Old 05-01-2005, 05:04 PM   #6
benniesma
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to benniesma
Nik-

GET KNITTING YOU SLOUCH!!

(how was that?)
Old 05-01-2005, 08:57 PM   #7
gardenia
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Nuno930
<snipped> I know that I just need to get remotivated (by threat og bodily injury most times :rofling: )
Hmmm...this sounds like a job for Kelly K. Oh Keeeelllly...where are you????? Do that drill sargeant thing you do...

I'm sure she will appear soon...

Old 05-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #8
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
Hey! What happened to your "gosh darn stubborn," Iowa Girl?!! (The Music Man- For those of you who don't have a clue what I'm saying.)
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:41 AM   #9
feministmama
Instepping Out

I have knitting projects that I put off for years and then come back to it with gusto. As the Buddah says "It just hasn't manifest yet, when the conditions are right then it will be manifest" (Or something like that)
feministmama is offline   Reply With Quote