KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
How about these:

http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/inde...OD&ProdID=1050

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/found/owlpothol.html

http://www.lambsearfarm.com/cc138.jpg
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-09-2005, 04:33 PM   #22
suziehomemaker
Turning the Heel

I printed them out and will file them in my projects binder! Thanks!

Blog & Pictures: http://motherhenknits.blogspot.com/
suziehomemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:35 PM   #23
kitkat
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to kitkat
I actually have had to move my projects into a BIGGER binder. Ha so there so I be the most anal retentive! I have printed more projects than I could ever knit in a lifetime but I am gonna die trying!
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:49 PM   #24
benniesma
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to benniesma
Okay, now I think I'm going to have to knit some dishcloths. What a great way to practice technique. And they're cute too! But here's a silly questions - do you use these instead of sponges? Is that what they're for?

Suzie, I just love that Alex cloth pink one!
Old 05-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #25
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
My Grandma used hand-knit dishcloths EXCLUSIVELY for washing dishes!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 04:05 PM   #26
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
yup my mom always used them for doing dishes and cleaning the kitchen. she stopped using them after my gramma stopped knitting though because she didn't want to come to the time when she didn't have any left. i think she is waiting for me to start giving some up to her. of course the one i am working on right now is orange, fuschia, and yellow so it prolly won't work to well with her blue kitchen...lol

oooooh and somewhere around my house in one of the places i hide old doilies and such there are some potholders with owls on them. Gramma LOVED owls. can't bring myself to use it though cuz while i don't like owls at all, they are very gramma! oooh....i should post some pictures of the sweaters she made me as a child. i should also stop just rambling on this thread...back to work...
Old 05-11-2005, 10:36 AM   #27
hedgehog
Knitting the Flap

Location: mind, heart and body in Oxford, England... and i follow The 'Grid on tour...
Two months ago I was at the home of my friend's mother (who's an avid knitter) and i told her of my newest obsession. She immediately said, "Oh, you should knit this dishcloth sometime. Everyone that I have given them to loves them!".....

I thought she'd been smoking crack or something. KNIT a DISHCLOTH??!!! Why on earth would i do that?? I mean it's not like they're extremely expensive, or anything!! But, since she was so sincere and she'd gone and found the pattern for me i felt obligated to try it and let her know how it went...

So I made one for my mom.. we were both skeptical from the beginning, but now she LOVES it! She's desperate for more and wants me to make some for my sister (as all of her store-bought cloths are threadbare). My friend's mom was right! I couldn't believe it...

Now i use them as a means to learn new techniques, as i'm still newbiesque. In fact, i'm just finishing up a dishcloth that i used to test out a design. I was making my sister a shawl with this beautiful pink ribbon, but didn't like the pattern i had at hand and i didn't want to keep frogging my beautiful ribbon.. So i grabbed a ball of Lily, Sugar and Cream and used that to faff around with potential designs. It's nice and CHEAP and once i got the design i wanted i just carried that over into making it square. So she gets a shawl AND a dishcloth!

I have a whole file of patterns that i've collected from the page KellyK mentioned at the beginnig of this thread - all with new techniques for me to practice with...

I admit.. i'm a convert...

-hh

On Needles: Bobby from Rowan's Tadpoles and Tiddlers in KP Shine Sport on indefinite hold...
Reading: The God of Small Things by A. Roy
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote