Old 04-29-2005, 12:25 PM   #1
caolml
Casting On

Knitting with two colors - dishcloth
Hello everyone I am new and need some help. I am a beginner and am becoming quite the little dishcloth factory! lol!

Anyways, I want to try to make the Breast Cancer Awareness Dishcloth (pattern http://www.knittingknonsense.com/awarenessribbon.html
For a few friends that I do the Race for the Cure with. This would be my first attempt at something with two colors.

Do I just start knitting with the new color? I watched the video on this site but am still confused.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I want to make sure this isn't above my skill level before I attempt to make these.

Thanks!
Lindsay

_____
The Mod Squad was here
caolml is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-29-2005, 12:31 PM   #2
brookenic
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to brookenic Send a message via Yahoo to brookenic
caolml said:
Quote:
Do I just start knitting with the new color?
Yes. Good luck and Welcome Oh and it's not a silly question.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
And take care when you're switching colors ... make sure the new color yarn is over the old color to prevent any gaps. And watch your tension too. If your tension is too tight, the piece will pucker; if it's too loose, you'll get gaps.

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
What you're actually going to be doing is Intarsia, and the thing that really made Intarsia click with me was when I read "when you start a different color, make sure you bring the yarn up under the color you were just using." This causes the yarn you are switching from to be caught in the next stitch, and that prevents holes in your work where you are switching colors. It's really quite simple & elegant once you get the hang of it. You'll have short vertical stitches of color on the back side of your work, and that's how you'll know it's working out OK!!

Good luck!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote