Old 06-10-2005, 10:53 PM   #1
suepeaceluv
Casting On

Turtle Neck Egg Cozies - tiny sweaters from Weekend Knitting
I am having fun knitting these egg cozies which I will use for wall decorations and give away for ornaments. I would love for others to join me and maybe assist me on the areas I am having difficulty. This is fast to knit and totally adorable.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-11-2005, 01:10 AM   #2
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Oh! I knit one of these some time ago, and it was so fun! I have to say, though, it was a little tough because I ended up using Magic Loop, and I had barely learned how to knit. (I didn't have any DPNs.) But they do make cute little decorations, and I think they would make wonderful Christmas ornaments or package decorations for knitter friends!!

Wish I could join you in the KAL, but I have too many other projects lined up! Have fun, though!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:07 AM   #3
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
where does one find the pattern for these? They sound cute.
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:37 AM   #4
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Originally Posted by kemp
where does one find the pattern for these? They sound cute.
If I remember right, they're in Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick, et al. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!!

I checked it out at our local library.

The egg cozies first struck me as ridiculous, but when I started thinking about it, I decided they were quite cute. One of the ideas is to make a little garland out of several of them; another is to use them as Christmas ornaments.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
Old 06-17-2005, 04:13 PM   #5
Julie
Instepping Out

Julie, I had to laugh....I have that book checked out right now, FROM YOUR LIBRARY.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:41 PM   #6
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by Julie
Julie, I had to laugh....I have that book checked out right now, FROM YOUR LIBRARY.
Well, it *is* a small world, isn't it? That *is* the one w/ the little sweater egg cozies, isn't it???

Old 06-17-2005, 06:11 PM   #7
Julie
Instepping Out

Yup! :D