Old 05-05-2005, 09:55 AM   #1
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Off topic, about the "time" showing of posts...
The time showing of when posts have been made is waaaaaay off for me. Any hints as to why, or is there some setting somewhere here that I need to change in my profile?
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-05-2005, 10:03 AM   #2
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Re: Off topic, about the "time" showing of posts..
Originally Posted by Rennagayle
The time showing of when posts have been made is waaaaaay off for me. Any hints as to why, or is there some setting somewhere here that I need to change in my profile?
Yep ... you can try changing the "Timezone" option in the your profile. It's just above the avator options. Mine is at GMT -4 hours. I think yours should be at GMT - 5

Good Luck ...

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:05 AM   #3
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

Re: Off topic, about the "time" showing of posts..
Originally Posted by ekgheiy
Yep ... you can try changing the "Timezone" option in the your profile. It's just above the avator options. Mine is at GMT -4 hours. I think yours should be at GMT - 5

Good Luck ...
Yeah that! CST is -5 hours
Old 05-05-2005, 10:06 AM   #4
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

All the options given are for GMT+ x number of hours. What does that mean, exactly? I am on central time, and my setting is currently at "GMT+1 hour".
Old 05-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Nik, you posted about the same time as I did, hence my question after. I'll go change it to that, but I am still confused as to how you come up with that number (the minus 5)?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:10 AM   #6
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
All the options given are for GMT+ x number of hours. What does that mean, exactly? I am on central time, and my setting is currently at "GMT+1 hour".
I'm sorry, I don't know what GMT means.

But I just changed mine to - 4 hours and that corrected the display times. You are in Texas right? You are one hour behind me, so I'm thinking you should set your option to - 5 ...

Try it and see ... :D

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:11 AM   #7
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

GMT = Greenwich Mean Time (is that what you were wondering?)

can you scroll up on the side to the negative times? The negative times are listed to the top and the postitive ones are on the bottom of the scroll bar.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:12 AM   #8
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Okay, I changed it, and now all is right with the world......well, with my profile, anyway.

Thank you so much! Thanks to everyone who responded!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:14 AM   #9
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Quote:
GMT = Greenwich Mean Time
I have never heard of that before! I had just assumed it meant "Greater Mountain Time", so when I first registered, I chose the GMT+1 hour, since I'm one hour ahead of mountainer's.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:18 AM   #10
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

It is the standard time so everyother time zone is + or - it. There is your fact for the day

EDIT - oh and it doesn't have a daylight savings so when that comes around again you have to adjust,