Old 05-14-2005, 11:14 PM   #11
foothills
Turning the Heel

Ok ladies...I realized that I had made a mistake because when I came to the end, I was supposed to have 6 stitches left...only had 4, so I have frogged to the beginning of the beginning of my decreases...lots of fun...I have also realized that I detest dpn's because I am determining which end to begin with, so tomorrow morning, I will start fresh with the beginning of the decreases...confused all of you yet?

Have a good evening and thanks for all of the help you ALL have offered to me tonight...and YES KELLY, they are like wrestling with an octopus...does it get better with experience?!!!!!
foothills is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-15-2005, 02:22 AM   #12
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
It does get better with experience, but it hasnt gotten MUCH better for me yet...Im hoping that my eventual first pair of socks will "cure" me!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:41 AM   #13
foothills
Turning the Heel

Believe it or not, I dreamt of this forum last night After sleeping 5 hours (the dpns were on my mind), I finished the hat...there's no gaping hole in the top; however, the hat would have been much easier if I could have left a hole in the top TA...DA.....It's 6:30 a.m. on Sunday morning, so can't show my face :rofling:

I still DO NOT CARE FOR dpn's and Amy...your videos on dpn's are great, but I'd love to see one on the actual closing of the top of a hat transferring from circs to dpn's..the entire correct process because I'm almost positive that it was a stroke of luck that I closed the hole

Joyce
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	im001982.jpg
Views:	1029
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	19895  
Old 05-15-2005, 11:39 AM   #14
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Well, I, for one, am just amazed that you made the hat so quickly. I started my first hat a few days ago, and am just now getting ready to start my decreasing. I am not a quick wit...I mean knitter. :rollseyes:

The hat looks great, by the way!
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 11:52 AM   #15
foothills
Turning the Heel

I think the yarn is the reason the hat knitted up so quickly because it's a bulky yarn although I tend to be one of those people who just can't wait to see something finished, so I :XX: :XX: :XX: until I finish...just don't have time to do my nails

I'm planning to pick up another skein of the same yarn on Tuesday so I can do another one and practice those dpns a bit!

Thanks KK...this hat was much more simple than yours to which I you

Joyce
Old 05-15-2005, 12:49 PM   #16
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Beee-yooo-tiFUL!!! Congrats Joyce!! Nice job

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote