Old 05-19-2005, 11:11 AM   #11
SimplyKaar
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by ekgheiy
Originally Posted by SimplyKaar
This is just sideways related to the original question here, but I'm confused about that exactly a dishcloth is?...
It's a cloth that some people use to clean their dishes. It's sometimes the same size or smaller than a wash cloth (facial), but is generally not as thick as a wash cloth.

Some people use a sponge to clean dishes, some people use a dish cloth. And there are others who use .... THE DISH WASHING MACHINE.!! :rofling:
true
I've never seen anyone do dishes with just a thin cloth but I'm sure it will work just as well. Down here we either use a sponge or a brush and ofcourse there are always lucky people who actually have a dishwasher machine!! I never cared for one because I never knew what I was missing but there's one at my boyfriends and boy it is handy!!
SimplyKaar is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-19-2005, 11:37 AM   #12
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Originally Posted by ekgheiy
This is just sideways related to the original question here, but I'm confused about that exactly a dishcloth is?...
It's a cloth that some people use to clean their dishes. It's sometimes the same size or smaller than a wash cloth (facial), but is generally not as thick as a wash cloth.

Some people use a sponge to clean dishes, some people use a dish cloth. And there are others who use .... THE DISH WASHING MACHINE.!! :rofling:
true
I've never seen anyone do dishes with just a thin cloth but I'm sure it will work just as well. Down here we either use a sponge or a brush and ofcourse there are always lucky people who actually have a dishwasher machine!! I never cared for one because I never knew what I was missing but there's one at my boyfriends and boy it is handy!!
Oh I love that handy machine! And the Cascade for those machines always smell SOOOOoooooo gooood!! I seriously stand there for a couple minutes just smelling the stuff!! MMmmm... Anyhoooo ... I prefer a dish cloth (I've also heard it referred to as a "dish rag" by some people) or a brush. I like the cloth because you can run it through the machine with the laundry to keep it fresh. I think sponges are a bid high maintenance in the keeping fresh-department, no matter how many times I soak/bleach/squish.

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:47 PM   #13
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

You know, that's funny! My parents-in-law are from Holland originally, and she has this absolute fettish about buying us dish washing brushes. Something I had never heard of before I met dh's family. I was used to washing dishes with a cloth growing up (the stuff that didn't fit in the dishwasher, that is! ) but now I am a dish brush convert!

knitqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:21 AM   #14
PurlyGyrl
Working the Gusset

Quick update on my curled edges. They are no longer curled. I accidently washed and dried the darn thing twice-- and like magic--no more curled edges. I had washed and blocked it earlier and it had curled edges. Maybe it was the heat from the dryer did it. I don't know. But HOORAY no curled edges now

I'm PurlyGyrl on Ravelry, too!
I just don't know how to do that button thing
My favorite blue eyed guy
PurlyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:56 AM   #15
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Let's see a pic now that its been "through the ringer"!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:50 PM   #16
PurlyGyrl
Working the Gusset

Hey, Kelly! I'd love to submit a photo of the "magic dishcloth" but I don't have a digital camera yet :crying: Maybe someday

I'm PurlyGyrl on Ravelry, too!
I just don't know how to do that button thing
My favorite blue eyed guy
PurlyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote