Old 06-17-2005, 09:41 AM   #31
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
Progress pics...sara, vic, beuler, anyone???
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-17-2005, 01:41 PM   #32
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

PROGRESS REPORT
Ok! I've said it before and i"ll say it again: LIFE IS FUNNY.

Yesterday I just gave up on the this dang little socklet thingy and started in on a shrug. (figuring someone would tell me how to read this pattern) This morning I hopped out of bed, charged downstairs and sat there staring at it and said, you are not going to intimidate me any more, you stupid pattern you.

So I picked it up, put the stitches I had on a stitch holder onto a piece of yarn so it was easier to close that hole up (the part that fits your foot not toe) and started knitting in the round. Of course it's in the round, there is no sewing of seams ... so...

I didn't like that cast on 4 stitches so I just didn't do it. Turns out I didn't need it, I wanted it snug. Then bound off purlwise yeah yeah, and picked up the 16 stitches on hold, picked up 4 which is the inside of the toe, and VOILA I completed the darn thing in an hour. or less. AND I CAN'T POST A PICTURE coz my camera needs recharging and the charger isn't here.

I will post a picture next week. It's cute (oh yeah I had to weave in about 15 or so ends coz I changed colors a lot) but what I'm finding is it feels a little too short on the top of my foot. So I might crochet around and make it longer. Maybe I'll just make it into a sock! :rofling:

What a LOT OF EFFORT for such a tiny thing. The biggest thing I learned from this project is I DO NOT want to make gloves! All that tiny work on dpns! Im using 1 1/2 needles btw. WHERE ARE MY SIZE 15 NEEDLES! I'm ready for them!!!!

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:25 PM   #33
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
Can't wait to see it. Sorry my idea gave you such frustration!
Old 06-17-2005, 03:49 PM   #34
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

okay....i go and buy this yummy yarn from www.simplysockyarn.com twice...once when it 1st opened & then more today...both for these really cute & cool socks....THEN I see this post!!!!
I've got to have these; I wear thong birkies all summer or sandal birkies, but anyway...they are PERFECT for the thong birks....NOW .....what am I gonna do? this is gonna take some thinking...they r tooo cute...let me know when one of u guys is completely finished with yours; I want to see your pics...perhaps that will help with my decision...lol...yarn decisions...hard life...lol!!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:26 PM   #35
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

Kemp! No no, frustration is GOOD. Frustration = Challenge.
Well, I am learning from each project and I enjoyed being challenged. That darn little thing...

Rebecca, I will post a pic next week when I can use my camera again. But the main thing is to make sure the thing comes up far enough on your foot to FEEL GOOD. These will look great with your birks as long as they are long enough.... oh yeah, hard life , yarn decisions!

I am taking a break from the second 'footie or whatever it is' and started a shrug that's so much fun.
:XX:

Old 06-17-2005, 08:00 PM   #36
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
Perhaps I should think about the shoes I will be wearing them with, as well. Thanks for the headsup, Vic. The thongs I wear cover more of my foot than most sandals.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:53 PM   #37
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

but, there were also these [url=http://www.spunmag.com/article/050605socks]here (fyi, use the increase button & u will see other types) very, very cool ones that kellyk posted. these are suitable for all types of summer footwear, don't u think?!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #38
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

you're welcome Sara! Yeah, Rebecca, if I were to do another pair (which I think I might) I will do the one over on the far right, the pink one that is similar but it extends up to the ankle almost. Although this one I made is cute, a longer one will just be more comfy!

(I wonder if I can extend mine now it's done, coz it's difficult when the top's done in rib. I never 'picked up' stitches on a cast on edge. I suppose that might look wierd.)

:thinking:

Old 06-27-2005, 10:18 AM   #39
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

FINALLY!!!
Well, some things just take longer no matter how tiny they are.

The first one was such a little pain coz I used all these different colors, so I put the project away for a week. Then I did the other one which went much faster of course. And ta da, there's the picture (sans pedicure) with my improvement.

The one on the left is the way they're supposed to be but I didn't like the feeling of it, like it might come off easily so I crocheted around the top nice and tight and it's a perfect snug fit now.

Kemp! What do you think? (They'll look even better with a pretty pair of sandals.) Thanks Kemp! :D
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	shorties.jpg
Views:	1241
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	20243  

Old 06-27-2005, 10:23 AM   #40
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! Now I HAVE to make them too. As soon as I get these silly felted slippers to shrink enough, I'll get started