Old 06-15-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
RachelJean
Knitting the Flap

Cables
I'm having trouble getting my cables to look good. The garter stitches on the left side of the cables look really stretched out and too loose. The right side of the cables look OK. I think this has something to do with my tension, but I'm not sure how to fix it. My regular knitting tension seems to be fine. When making cables, I've tried knitting tighter and I've also tried knitting looser... nothing seems to fix it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

____
The Mod Squad was here
RachelJean is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-15-2005, 11:39 AM   #2
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

I just did my first cable. I followed the directions from Stitch 'n Bitch. It specifically said that after you pass your first 3 (or whatever #) stitches to the cable needle, the knit the next 3, you have to pull the yarn TIGHT after completing the first stitch. Then, also pull the yarn tight after making the first stitch of the second set of 3 (the ones on the cable needle). This worked for me.
knitqueen is offline   Reply With Quote