View Poll Results: How Much did you learn from the videos?
From cast on to bind off - I learned it all here 50 30.86%
Knew very basics... videos got me moving! 55 33.95%
Knew beginner stuff, videos helped me with advanced techniques 41 25.31%
Pretty much had it all down, used videos to refresh my memory, but learned a new skill or two 14 8.64%
Naw, I am an old pro! I came here for the company 0 0%
Huh, Amy has videos?!?!?! 2 1.23%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2005, 07:42 PM   #21
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Thank you, Amy, for being so gracious...but I have cable modem...nothing slow about the computer...lol!!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-01-2005, 11:45 AM   #22
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

LOL, that's too funny Rebecca!
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:45 PM   #23
twiggyann
1st Leg of the Journey

Well I taught myself the basics. Then I learned them the right way through the videos. Everytime I run into something new in a pattern, I run to see if there's a video. So Amy, you can count me among the people you taught to knit (and still are -- you just taught me how to do cables last week) and Silver taught me about socks.

Knitting Blog: http://www.mapleontheweb.com
It's moved if you had trouble getting in before!
twiggyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:20 PM   #24
snephenie
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to snephenie Send a message via MSN to snephenie Send a message via Yahoo to snephenie
I am another learned it all here gal.

My MIL tried to teach me about 7 years ago but between the metal needles and her german accent I just couldn't get it.

I was crocheting since I was 19 (but that had been in the back of my closet for some time) My neighbor (our children are best friends) was outside crocheting one day and I thought "Hey I should get mine out"
Then she showed me the double hooked needle and I loved that, then she brought out the knittings needles....WOOOOAHHH.

I got the knifty knitter looms instead. Then I realized most of my time was spent wrapping the yarn around the pegs, and if I got one of the S shapped ones, I may have a lap gahn in a YEAR. So I went to Michaels and bought some needles and came to the internet.

I was trying the cast on my friend was doing but it was very difficult and I always ended up with a big loop at the end.
A co worker told me about this site and I have been knitting since. (Bout 6 weeks) I have made 3 scarves, have two on needles as well as the one rectangle done for a childs poncho.

I tell EVERYONE about the site!

Thanks Amy!
snephenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:09 AM   #25
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
When ever something bad or stressful happens I try something new craft wise.. When my dh hit a deer in Jan. I shut myself up and made ribbon angels LOL. I had been wanting to learn how to knit but never took the time to do it till one Sat. when we had to take our little girl to the ER cause she couldn't open her eyes so I went to our local shop said I'm new what do I need?? She asked if I ever crocheted I said yep she said tight? I said ohhh yeahhh she said ok Size 8 and light colored wool so got that and then went to the library and picked up a DVD on knitting.. Came home moved my girl to the couch with me and watched the video and finally got the caston!! Then the knitting came and I was like WHATTTT!!! So I searched google and found this website and after watching Amy it just clicked I got it!!! I know Brendajosos from another board and when I told her she also suggested this board as being the best. So I have Amy as my teacher but have Brendajosos as my answer my crazy questions so noone will laugh at me!! LOL

Thanks Amy and Brendajososososssssssssss :XX:

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #26
tab
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to tab
So far I've learned intarsia, fair isle, one-row buttonhiles and icord from the wonderful videos here. I've also technically learned how to do cables by watching the video, but I haven't been brave enough to try them yet. I also want to make my own knitting needles, but that will wait until I find some suitable dowels.
Thanks, Amy, for all the helpful videos! Whenever I want to try something new, this is the first place I visit.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:16 AM   #27
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

:sunny: Amy Beams :sunny:

Great stories!

I have to admit I have a competitive streak in me... I love hearing how such-and-such DVD just didn't cut it, and my site is so great.
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:19 AM   #28
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Quote:
I suspect without Amy's videos, played over and over and over again, I might have given up!!!!
I KNOW I would have! I was at that point of frustration, ready to pitch all my needles into the nearest garbage can. Then, I found Amy's site, watched the videos, again and again and again and .....well, anyway, everything turned around for me the day I discovered this site. I the feeling of community that's here in the forums, too.

My hat's off to you, Amy!
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 06:37 PM   #29
Rorshach
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Rorshach Send a message via Yahoo to Rorshach
heh, this site is the best, usually when I encounter a direction in a pattern I'm not familiar with, yeah, I'll look at it in a book, but it usually doesn't clue me in on what to do. On the other hand, I come here, look up what I need, and I can SEE exactly how it's done. A big thanks from me in Idaho to you Amy, definitely one I would consider a Master knitter.

Wisdom is knowing what to do. Skill is how to do it. Virtue is getting it done.

That which does not kill you, isn't trying hard enough.
Rorshach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #30
DaniK
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to DaniK
I learned the basics from my sister, but once I returned home from my Christmas vacation, I needed more assistance. Amy's videos helped me tremendously! Checking out the video is usually step one in my "getting ready to start a new project" routine. Checking out the video is also steps 2 through 20.
DaniK is offline   Reply With Quote