View Poll Results: How Much did you learn from the videos?
From cast on to bind off - I learned it all here 50 30.86%
Knew very basics... videos got me moving! 55 33.95%
Knew beginner stuff, videos helped me with advanced techniques 41 25.31%
Pretty much had it all down, used videos to refresh my memory, but learned a new skill or two 14 8.64%
Naw, I am an old pro! I came here for the company 0 0%
Huh, Amy has videos?!?!?! 2 1.23%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #31
blueslady
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to blueslady
:XX:
Hi I can't believe I found this terrific site. I'm so thrilled. I was looking for graphics and instructions on how to do a bind off on the round (bind off on knit one purl one) and this terrific site has the short video of it. Do you ladies know if there is anyway to save it so I can play it over and over until I get it. Seem's like I have a mental block. I'm good at looking at graphics step by step also. Please help this pea brain.
blueslady is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #32
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
actually once you have downloaded it once it only takes seconds to open and play again usually. i would say it is safe to assume most people here have watched most of the videos repeatedly! If you don't want to have to be on the net all the time for it, you can get the CD and watch it from there. she has extra stuff on the cds that aren't on the site too so you get a bonus from buying it from her! WELCOME!!
Old 07-09-2005, 10:25 PM   #33
Julie
Instepping Out

You can also right-click on the icon for the video you'd like to save and click on "save target as" (or "save link as" depending on your browser) to save the video to your desktop. :D
Old 07-10-2005, 12:59 PM   #34
blueslady
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to blueslady
:XX:
I want to thank the ladies that answered me. I downloaded the video now I can watch it over and over until I get it. lol. It also shows a little bit larger so it's easier to see it. Thanks again.
blueslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:43 AM   #35
Danielle_Thomas
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to Danielle_Thomas
I bought the Stitch N Bitch book to teach myself to knit, but from just reading the descriptions, and looking at the pictures, I couldn't even understand how to cast-on!!! So, I searched for knitting videos online, and I came across Amy and her site. I am by no means an expert knitter, but now I frog less, and I just cast-off for the first time last night! Yeah!! Thank you for everything Amy! You (and the other members on this forum) have been great!!
Danielle_Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:26 PM   #36
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

So, am I the only one on this site that Amy did not teach?? Not that her videos aren't great and all, I've just never seen them - I have the dreaded dial-up, and the first video I tried to download was going to take an hour or more... I figured if I spent that much time waiting for it, I could probably figure it out myself...and I did.
But, that said -
Everything else on this site is awesome!!!!!
Anytime I have a question I know that I can look up the answer here - if it's not something that's already here, I can ask and everyone graciously contributes their knowledge and support. I am the only person I know who knits, so this website has been the main source of inspiration, information, and even occasional frustration (I lurked this forum for 3 weeks before I figured out what the heck LYS meant I thought it was the name of a chain store!) in my knitting life.
I recently (like today) decided that this website was so great I should branch out and try a couple of the other ones out there... I went to Knitty.com's coffeehouse, and although I'm sure I could find answers to all the technical questions I wanted there, it didn't seem as friendly or as much fun. This forum just feels like "home" now.
So, although I haven't seen Amy's videos, this site and forum have taught me everything I needed to know.
Thanks all

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:35 PM   #37
foldedbird
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to foldedbird Send a message via MSN to foldedbird Send a message via Yahoo to foldedbird
Originally Posted by rebecca
I am a biforumual and PROUD OF IT!
LOL! I'm stealing your kwote for my sig! [/b]
foldedbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:38 PM   #38
foldedbird
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to foldedbird Send a message via MSN to foldedbird Send a message via Yahoo to foldedbird
Originally Posted by amy
Simply Kaar, I agree, the forum is the best part!! It was an afterthought, if you can believe that, when I made this site. "Hmmm, I wonder if anyone will post to a forum if I put one up?" Yeah, within minutes!! DH says he's never known of a forum to take off as fast as this one did! We were very lucky, because some poor wonderful forums never even get off the ground; it takes people to post, to bring the wonderful energy to it! You all are what it's all about!! Thanks everyone!!
Forums are a lot of work, sometimes, but they pay off in the end. Did you know that a lot of the big forum sites (that have paid features as well as free) actually "seed" their forums? The site that I used to work for did it. I did it on the ones I was in charge of. It's kind of creepy, to have 5 different aliases, but it happens...
Old 07-31-2005, 09:47 PM   #39
foldedbird
Working the Gusset

This thread was an *excellent* idea. Everyone needs a little lift now and then, to remind them of how their work is paying off.

I ran across Knitty Gritty on TV around Thanksgiving, I believe. I'll admit that I laughed at it and said to my then scumbag "Wow, can you believe there is actually a whole show dedicated to knitting? No one knits anymore! That's for old ladies!"

Boy, was I wrong...and then I saw the beginners episode with Vicki Square. My eyes feasted on the lovely scarf she was wearing. So, then I had to make one. I tried following the show, didn't work for me. I tried a book, didn't work for me. I searched the internet, until I found KH.

In one night, I casted on, I knitted, I purled and I was hooked. Now I've done scarves, socks, learned how to design, taught 10 people to knit, sent MANY folks back here for Amy's videos.

I'm at the point now where I could start my own site teaching people how to knit. I could have left the KH chat offsite. I could have started my own forum. I could have done lots of things, but until Amy kicks me off, I'm not going anywhere! I've got lots more ideas for us...and I love hearing everyone elses ideas, too.

Now, where is the video bout how to write clearly???
Old 08-01-2005, 10:36 AM   #40
Ellen Edwards
Working the Gusset

Punk--I learned to knit about 20years ago just to knit Christmas stockings for my children!! But it wasn't very fun doing it alone. There was a wonderful lady who had a little shop over the drug store in our little town, and she was WONDERFUL!! She had a little heater up there in the winter, and women from all walks of life would sit around in the arm chairs and she'd come around to help each one as they needed her. There was coffee on all the time. She sold "real" wool, :D when I couldn't find it anywhere else, and I knitted my MIL a "ripple" afghan with it. It cost a fortune back then!! (Not cheap now either!!)

Foldedbird--I love Knitty Gritty, too. Wish it came on everday, and that I had taped them all. Watching someone do these things really inspires you to learn more and more. I really think I could teach a bit more than basic knitting now that I have Amy's CDs and after watching Knitty Gritty. I still have so much to learn, but I'd love to teach someone else to knit, too. It's such a rewarding thing to do!!

OTN--Just socks right now. Not good at more than 1 thing at a time!
Ellen Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote