View Poll Results: How Much did you learn from the videos?
From cast on to bind off - I learned it all here 50 30.86%
Knew very basics... videos got me moving! 55 33.95%
Knew beginner stuff, videos helped me with advanced techniques 41 25.31%
Pretty much had it all down, used videos to refresh my memory, but learned a new skill or two 14 8.64%
Naw, I am an old pro! I came here for the company 0 0%
Huh, Amy has videos?!?!?! 2 1.23%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2005, 02:29 PM   #41
foldedbird
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to foldedbird Send a message via MSN to foldedbird Send a message via Yahoo to foldedbird
Originally Posted by Ellen Edwards
Foldedbird--I love Knitty Gritty, too. Wish it came on everday, and that I had taped them all. Watching someone do these things really inspires you to learn more and more. I really think I could teach a bit more than basic knitting now that I have Amy's CDs and after watching Knitty Gritty. I still have so much to learn, but I'd love to teach someone else to knit, too. It's such a rewarding thing to do!!
Ellen, I love the show too. I do wish there were some new episodes, though! I've got all of them on the DVR now and on tape...
foldedbird is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-24-2005, 04:21 PM   #42
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,802 Times in 7,161 Posts
Late to the party here, but I this website! I've been knitting for about 6 weeks and I've learned so much. I refer to the videos often and it's so nice to get quick answers to those "NEED to know NOW!" questions! :rofling: You guys are great! Thanks Amy!!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:33 PM   #43
knitting4babybear
Turning the Heel

I learned to cast on and how to do the knit stitch at a class at Michael's about 3 (4?) weeks ago. I learned to knit at KH. Having the videos means I NEVAH forget anything - because I do that, you know. Learn to cast on and 4 rows in I have no idea how anymore? Brain like a SIEVE...

So yeah - Amy rules. Here's to her bringing out the warm and cuddly in us all. Amy's like the Martha Stewart of knitting for me. You know how you used to always KNOW certain domestic feats were POSSIBLE but never quite trusted yourself to try them at home lest you glue yourself to a cake ,and frost a door sill? Until Martha....

Well, now it's - Until Amy...

On Needles: Things that seem to fly off as rapidly as they were cast on because of my apparent aversion to finishing, oh...anything. Anything at all.
knitting4babybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:39 PM   #44
sogrammatical
Knitting the Flap

I found this website last summer when I was trying to make a scarf and I discovered that I couldn't remember how to cast on. It was the only site that I could find that had actual videos, not pictures or animated gifs. I learned how to purl here, I learned how to do various increases and decreases, how to fix mistakes, and how to follow patterns. I just finished my first pair of socks this weekend! I never dreamed that I could actually make socks!

So thank you very much, Amy, for putting this site together and the forum. I love it!
sogrammatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:06 PM   #45
knitting4babybear
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by sogrammatical
I found this website last summer when I was trying to make a scarf and I discovered that I couldn't remember how to cast on.
See? It's not just me!

On Needles: Things that seem to fly off as rapidly as they were cast on because of my apparent aversion to finishing, oh...anything. Anything at all.
knitting4babybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:35 PM   #46
sogrammatical
Knitting the Flap

Quote:
See? It's not just me!
If you think about it, of course you're going to forget it! You only do it once per project (hopefully!), whereas you knit lots and lots of times.
sogrammatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #47
TikiPrincess
Casting On

I was trying to learn from a book, but some things I just wasn't getting and I found this site and was like
The videos are great because you can really see what her hands are doing and she goes s l o w l y enough for beginners to figure it out, and then repeats. Most of the youtube videos I saw weren't as well done because the hands were covering the needles or too shot was too wide or the person worked too fast.
THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH
TikiPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #48
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
An incredible experience...
Hi!

That's what this whole site experience has been for me - an incredible experience.

I can't believe how far I've progressed with my knitting in such a short time, and this would not have happened without Amy's incredible videos and the help and support of other knitters like each of you out there on this site.

So thanks to all for being there, being so helpful, loving and valuable and to Amy in particular for her vision and hard work to make knitting even more enjoyable for us all!

Much love,

Ruthie
Old 02-20-2009, 07:16 AM   #49
knitaholic
1st Leg of the Journey

Amy,

Had it not been for you, I would have given up on learning to knit--nobody in my family knits or wants to knit. Thanks again.

Knitaholic
knitaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #50
bambi
Working the Gusset

I am all self taught and I could co, knit, purl, k2tog, bo. I came here and got braver! Amy helped me learn to cable, ssk, rib, seed, use circs, use DPNs, and fair isle.

Here's to the videos!!!

Bambi
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote