Old 07-14-2005, 03:50 PM   #11
Silver
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by rebecca
Hey Ya'll, I included Silver's tutorial...lol...I surely wasn't gonna leave it out...that would be very nice of me; here's every tutorial, except for my friend Silver's
I noticed! Thank you!

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-14-2005, 04:21 PM   #12
Ellen Edwards
Working the Gusset

Sock Recipe Reply
Oh my goodness!! I just saw all of your help and I'm dancin' the knitting dance here in Virginia!! I've got some size 4 dps, and I've tried a sock--but I dropped some stitches, and then I got turned around at the heel turn. :crying: ..so I thought I'd ask for some help. I really got it, and I SO want to thank you all. I can't wait to knit a pair of little socks for my year old grandson. Then Christmas socks for ALL!!

OTN--Just socks right now. Not good at more than 1 thing at a time!
Ellen Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:24 PM   #13
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
YAY for you! It will seem so easy once you get it that you'll be suprised it ever seemed confusing.

If only you had a webcam so we could see you doing the knitting dance!
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:45 PM   #14
Ellen Edwards
Working the Gusset

Sock Recipe!!
:D Sorry to post so soon again...but Rebecca--the first site I went to was the "cometosilver"
site for the online sock knitting course. The pictures are beautiful, as is the sock. I think knitted socks are so beautiful--am I crazy or what! My great grandmother and great aunt used to knit socks with what looked like a big spool of crochet thread and wooden needles they made from some small tree branches when I was a little girl (long, long ago). I dont' know if that's why socks beckon to me, (because I loved these 2 women so much!) but I just think they are a thing of beauty. And I think I'm in the very best place to learn how.

Old 07-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #15
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

OMGoodness, don't apologize for posting so soon...or else I'm in big trouble bc I've forgotten to apologize for doing it a lot...lol!
I LOVE the look of knitted socks I love knitting socks more than anything else! It's just plain fun to knit socks! I've been knitting a year and I have given away just about everything that I've made...but I keep most of my socks...lol! I just love them; everyone knows they're pretty special if they get socks from me....lol! On that note, I have a very full sock drawer...lol!! I'm glad that you are finding help with what we have posted..don't hesitate to ask if you need anything else

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:01 AM   #16
Ellen Edwards
Working the Gusset

By the way, Silver, the Sock chart that tells you all about the sizes of the yarns , needles, etc. is really going to be a thing of beauty once I have it printed out and (yes, I am a copy-cat of good ideas) protected! I can dream of inventing my own sock one day, I guess.

I suppose it's what i sorta had in mind when I stopped in to ask if any of you knew a "sock recipe", and nobody acted like I was crazy!! I'm no good at math, but I think maybe it'll help me once I can ever get the one sock actually made without frogging it a bajillion times. I don't know why I keep either dropping stitches, or actually let them slip off the needles.
I feel like I've gotten hold of a baby porcupine!!! :rollseyes:

Old 07-15-2005, 05:53 PM   #17
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

ellen, when I 1st started knitting socks and the sts were slipping off of the needles that I wasn't using...I just put point protectors on those ends and if you don't have enough point protectors, you can make one with a rubber band by just twisting it on the ends of the needles. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but it beats having your sts fall off. Then, pretty soon you will get in the groove & not need to do that. (I said that, but I'll still do it if I get a yarn that is too slippy). And once you get the basic sock down, you can go crazy with the leg and make up any kind of sock that you want, the 1st one that i did like that I just found a simple, very, simple lace pattern repeat and I put it on the cuff of my socks. I do stuff like that all the time now; it's really quite easy....you just get that basic sock down...then go crazy making socks ...I sure have I LOVE knitting socks more than anything else bc it's FUN :D
have a great weekend

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
Old 07-16-2005, 12:59 AM   #18
Ellen Edwards
Working the Gusset

Hi Rebecca--love the idea for the rubber bands--I think I'd heard that somewhere and forgotten it. Have you ever had to rip out Kitchener stitches?? :crying: I just did--NO FUN--but I wanted to get it right, and I finally did. :rollseyes: Boy--I hope it gets easier---I got SUCH a headache from concentrating so hard doing that little sock...and my hadaches are really, really BAD! It's gonna get better and easier, and quicker--i know it! Thanks for the kind support you've given me. THis is such an awesome site--I just want to STAY here.

Old 07-16-2005, 02:03 AM   #19
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Good!! We'll keep ya!! And, yeah, I've ripped out every part of a sock...lol; that's the worst! Glad I could help.

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!