Old 07-15-2005, 02:00 PM   #1
Miss_Knit
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to Miss_Knit
new color
i cant add a new color. im trying to make a scarf with Gryfinndor colors (thats harry potter) n i watched the video on adding a new color n im looking at stitch n bitch n i still dont get it..
Miss_Knit is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-15-2005, 02:04 PM   #2
Silver
Instepping Out

Are you doing wide stripes? If so, at the beginning of the row, cut the yarn of your old color leaving a tail. Pick up the new color and insert your right needle into the first stitch, wrap the needle with the new color and knit the stitch. Continue knitting with the new color. Don't worry if the first stitch is loose. Finish the row, then put down your work and loosely tie the two ends together to keep them secure. When you're finished with the whole scarf, untie the knots and weave in the ends.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:48 PM   #3
cmk
1st Leg of the Journey

When I made HP scarf a couple of years ago, I knit it in the round and carried the colors.

Carolyn
cmk is offline   Reply With Quote