Old 09-28-2005, 12:29 PM   #21
Yvonne
Turning the Heel

I watch Medium, been to mediums in real life, went to the Crossing Over with John Edward show, etc.
The reason they see our family members/friends as opposed to cavemen, etc. is because that's who is hanging around with us. In other words, our passed loved ones aren't there because a medium is there; they are there because WE are there. The medium is just able to see them/hear them whereas we cannot. So unless we know a caveman, the odds of one showing up with us would be slim.
I think it's incredibly fascinating.

Yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-28-2005, 01:02 PM   #22
VickiIL
Turning the Heel

Ok to start with I don't believe in ghosts. Angels and demons...but not ghosts. Yet I do have a couple stories.

One I believe is an angel story. My mom and I were on our way home late at night. My dh and I had moved in with them while our first house was being built. My oldest son was a baby in a car seat in the back seat. We were on a long road through a forest preserve with no stop signs and hardly any intersections. As we were coming up to one of the few intersections on that road, I saw three teens walk across the road right in front of me. I can still describe in detail what they looked like down to the clothing they were wearing. They even turned and looked at me. I hit the brakes and then looked up at the interesection I would have been in to see an SUV speed through the intersection blowing the stop sign. My Mom never saw the teens. She couldn't figure out why I hit the brakes. I believe these angels saved our lives.

I do have a ghost story that I did not experience, so I can't comment on its validity. Apparently our photographer, a couple bridesmaids and a few wedding guests claim that I had ghosts as a wedding guests. Our reception was in an old Victorian Mansion. We had access to the entire Mansion. We choose this mansion because much of my husbands family is Baptist and were opposed to dancing, wine, etc. This way they would be able to get away into another room to socialize. Anyways some of these guests, who also don't believe in ghosts for their religious beliefs, saw a little old man reading in the upstairs library they were sitting in. Apparently the chair was empty when they walked in and no one else had entered the room. Two of the bridesmaids were changing in an upstairs bedroom that was adjacent to the nursery. This had been the room the nanny lived in. When they walked in the room was empty. The closed the door to change and at some point looked over to the corner to see a lady in a rocking chair knitting. The photographer that was set up in the downstairs office claimed that while he was busy setting up before the guests had started to arrive the room got cold and one of his light umbrella thingys (who is that for a description) was knocked over. He said the window was closed and there wasn't a breeze. I don't know what I think of these stories but the owners of the mansion said other people have seen these two individuals as well.
sockettes in KP Bare tweed

Crocheting:
Fat Bottom Bag from SNB - Crochet

Reading:
Saving Fish from Drowning by Amy Tan
VickiIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 01:43 PM   #23
feministmama
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Yvonne
I watch Medium, been to mediums in real life, went to the Crossing Over with John Edward show, etc.
The reason they see our family members/friends as opposed to cavemen, etc. is because that's who is hanging around with us. In other words, our passed loved ones aren't there because a medium is there; they are there because WE are there. The medium is just able to see them/hear them whereas we cannot. So unless we know a caveman, the odds of one showing up with us would be slim.
I think it's incredibly fascinating.
Yeah I guess that makes sense but why does the woman on the show medium see people she doesn't know getting killed? What's THAT all about??? I mean why doesn't she see babies being born or happy stuff. And does she see people walking around ALL the time? Doesn't it get crowded? Love the last show with the iPod by the way. I love how the music directed her where to go.
-That's OK, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway....
-I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Reading: Barbara Kingsolver
Knitting: socks

I'm Femmy on Ravelry
feministmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 02:43 PM   #24
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Originally Posted by feministmama
why does the woman on the show medium see people she doesn't know getting killed? What's THAT all about???
I think its just her purpose in life....
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 03:30 PM   #25
Carol_OH
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by feministmama
... but why does the woman on the show medium see people she doesn't know getting killed? What's THAT all about??? I mean why doesn't she see babies being born or happy stuff. And does she see people walking around ALL the time? Doesn't it get crowded? Love the last show with the iPod by the way. I love how the music directed her where to go.
umm because it's a teevee show?

Yeah, I loved that one too - "Medium" is one of the "must watch" shows for me (along with "The Closer," "Lost," and any Law and Order!)

I'm selwynne on ravelry
Carol_OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 04:22 PM   #26
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Wow these are all great stories!

Sharon, that's wild!

Silver, that's so cool. Especially that your mom saw her too and mentioned it!

OMG, Sandra! Sounds like one opinionated presence! I can't believe you lived with such a strong presence, with such an awareness of it! Too bad he didn't like your dad, or it may have been a more friendly vibe. Sounds like he was a strict fatherly type himself.

Misstialouise, yikes! That was like my experience. Being touched is freeeeeeaky! Yours happened in the day time. In a way I wish mine did, because the fact that I was in bed, even though I was awake, makes my husband discount mine as a dream. Oh well, I guess I'm not going to prove the existence of the mysteries to anyone! But it does convince you when it happens to you!

Vicki, that story of the teens is incredible! Glad you're still here!

I've not seem Medium. I used to love to watch the John Edward show, though. It's neat to explore this stuff without an artificial context of fear around it like one finds in horror movies and such.

Femm, I think to some degree one does see the random folks. The arabic man I saw in Florida hotel room was totally random. I'm sure he had nothing to do with me, but was just going about his business. Perhaps we don't see cave men just because their souls have long since moved on. I think it's only attachment to being here that keeps spirits here. I think they do move on eventually. Maybe if you hung out in a historic cave, the spirit of one might visit, but I bet there would be fewer ghosts residing there, then in, say, a more recent homestead like a Victorian mansion! :D That's my concept anyway.
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:08 PM   #27
InterNette
Turning the Heel

Nothing cool like that ever happens to me. I would love an experience. We use to go to New Orleans a lot for mini getaways and there is an old hotel outside of town that is suppose to be haunted, I been begging to stay there for last couple of years and my SO wouldnt dream of it. He has no desire what-so-ever to see any ghosts. Gosh wonder what happens to the ghosts in those historical buildings that were damaged in the hurricane? If there isnt a house left, what do they haunt?
InterNette is offline   Reply With Quote